Chapter Six

She was a force to be reckoned with

She was a force to be reckoned with. She was the order, and they were the soldiers. If you disobey she will slaughter you. She was the Queen.

********************************************************************************************

Her eyes were blazing, the cold sapphire glinting and the emerald sparkling, her face void of any emotion as she stared over the students, they were all waiting. All needing to hear. "The Shelby family have been here much longer than that of the Hogwarts founder's, we are the descendants of Merlin and Morgan Le Fay." Morgan started. "Before the Ministry we were the Kings and Queens of the magical world, but we allowed for a council to appear, thus the creation of your Ministry."

"But came the agreements, we are above the law, they do not apply to us, that was the only way you got your Ministry, years and years we obeyed, just like you all do, but every once and a while someone will be shunned, now this individual they are the only one who is shunned, not the family, not even if they have children or are married, only that person." Morgan explained her voice was cold as she spoke. "What usually follows are these rules, rule one the person is henceforth cut from any Shelby member they are not allowed to ask for anything or marry one of us, rule two, they speak ill of our name they will feel the pain, rule three, punishment is carried out by whoever deems it necessary." 

"Do not think for a moment that I will be kind, I am a Shelby by blood after all, and I will carry out any punishment, anything can set me off, you treat me like a child, I will fight back, my family have taught me to be in control of any situation and have told me to never back down, though I was raised by a kind woman, so I will be kind but do not take it for granted, if I give you kindness, my loyalty, keep a firm hold on it, do not break it, or I will break you." She finished, her words firm. "That is all."

Walking away from the podium, Morgan looked to the professors. "And if you have a problem with it, speak to the Minister or better yet, speak to my father, he's much, much more a force to be reckoned with, I mean I learnt everything from him." She said with a giggle. Before sitting back down next to Draco, eating her dinner. 

The silence was soon broken as Dumbledore coughed before going to his place back at the teachers table along with McGonagall and Snape. Tom watching her casually speak with Draco like nothing ever happened. He stepped away though going back to his place, with Nagini by his side, the snake laughing quite loudly about the little girl. Her little Morgie-pie.

Morgan smiled as Draco acted as though everything were fine, but she could see the questions in his eyes. "Speak Dragon, ask your questions." She giggled softly. Draco blushed but smiled.

"What did the weasel do to you?" Draco asked her.

Morgan smirked. "I was quite young, and I admit it was childish, but he was being rather rude calling me names and saying I shouldn't be reading books I should be in the kitchen and birthing babies, he called me a bookworm, a pipsqueak and even bumped into me and acted like I was the one that bumped him. I am of an ancient and noble house, a descendant of royalty and he was disrespectful," she answered. "And I was a little embarrassed as well, that's why I did it, but I refuse to take it back now, calling me evil." She pouted, her eyes glowing with tears. Her aunts voice ringing through her head.

'If anyone asks remind them of who you are but remind them that you are a little girl and you will gain the protection you need. Also pouting and tears help a lot.'

Draco was shocked, the weasel had disrespected the girl, a stranger. "What an idiot, a disrespectful one at that." Draco fumed. He may hate a lot of people and be disrespectful at times, well always if he was being honest with himself, but he would never say that to a lady, noble or not. His mother would skin him alive if he said a woman's job was to birth children and cook. He shivered at the thought. "My mother would skin him alive." 

Morgan giggled holding a delicate hand over her lips. Morgan was pretty sure Narcissa Malfoy would most certainly do that. "I hope to meet your mother someday, she sounds wonderful, and if I'm correct a Black as well, right?" Morgan asked.

"Yes, my mother was a Black," Draco stated a proud look on his face.

Morgan smirked. "That would make us cousins then." She whispered.

Draco looked at her bewildered. "What?" He asked.

Morgan placed a silencing charm around the pair before she spoke. "Draco, this needs to remain between you and I, okay." Morgan said. Draco nodded, before holding his little finger up.

"Pinkie Promise, it's the best I can do without doing an unbreakable vow." He said blushing.

Morgan was quite shocked; Draco was wanting to do an unbreakable vow. "Dragon you need not do that, but pinkie promise," she whispered. Lacing their pinkie's together. "I am Morgan Ada Potter, but my papa saved me, the family I was living with were abusing me, mentally and physically, I escaped, and papa found me, and blood adopted me, his blood being much stronger than my parents and Sirius Blacks." Morgan started. "I trust you Draco, and I don't trust easily," she finished.

Draco was stunned, the chosen one was sitting next to him, and girl-who-lived. Draco shook his head before tightening his little finger around hers more. "Your secret is safe with me, Angel." He whispered. Morgan smiled brightly, a true friend was sat beside her, and she couldn't help but let a little tear slip. "Don't cry, Angel, I'll be here. You're my family after all and family protect each other."

Morgan nodded, before hugging her cousin tightly. Burrowing her head into his neck as the silencing charm slipped away, her first mission was complete. Draco Malfoy was her friend, her cousin, and some day she knew he would be the brother she knew he could be.