Chapter One

"Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would

"Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would." — E.V

***********************************************************************************************

"Papa!" Morgan screeched as she walked into her papa's office drenched in water, her dark hair sticking to her face, and her clothes sticking to her skin. She was not impressed, a trickster ghost was visiting their home and he had decided to target her, while she was working on her magic. Her very volatile magic. Her papa was in the middle of some paperwork and when he looked up to see his daughter shivering from the cold water, and her emerald and sapphire eyes a darker shade, he knew she was pissed. Not just pissed but ready to kill someone, even if they are dead she was going to kill someone.

Getting up from his desk he walked over waving his hand over his daughter. Her clothes dry, her hair a little frizzy and her scowl still on her face. He bent down on his knee to look into her eyes. "Little one, calm down and just relax," he whispered to her, his hand resting on her cheek. His thumb softly caressing her cheek.

Morgan took a deep breath in nodding her head. Closing her eyes she sealed her magic back up and relaxed just a little more. "Sorry, but that trickster interrupted my class with My Knight." She whispered with a little pout.

"Did you lose control?" He asked her. Morgan blinked at the question.

"No." She whispered, Tommy smirked as she finally registered her thoughts, "I didn't lose control, and I always did when I was angry." She gasped, her eyes now sparkling. "Papa! I didn't lose control!" She cheered as she jumped at her papa, hugging tightly as she giggled loudly.

"I'm proud of you Little One." He whispered to her, the little girl nuzzling into his neck.

It was nearing the end of August, and Morgan had been training her magic everyday since she had come home, she of course had been to the Malfoy Mansion, spending time with her cousin. Draco having introduced her to his parents, as Morgan Shelby. Lucius had smiled and shook her hand happy to meet the girl, Narcissa was excited to see how much the little girl had grown up, the older woman explaining that she had seen her when she was younger with her papa. Morgan had grown rather attached to the Malfoy family, enough so that she had started calling Lucius, Uncle Luce, and Narcissa, Auntie Cissa.

She made sure to invite the family over for dinner one night, the Malfoy's the only ones out of the family to ever step into the Shelby Manor.

"Are you ready for your trip to Diagon tomorrow with the Malfoy's?" Tommy asked his daughter, the man taking a break from the paperwork. He had an immortal life to work on those papers. They were outside now, it wasn't a cold day, but it was chilly enough that Tommy made sure that Morgan was wearing a lighter coat. The young girl holding her papa's hand as they walked. 

"I am, but I'm also a little nervous," she responded as the two sat down under an old oak tree. "I'm nervous that something might happen again." She stated as Tommy leaned on the bark, Morgan leaning on his side. "I know I'll be safe but, I don't know what's changed, like will Lockhart show up at the school, even though Professor Slytherin is there, or even the meeting between the Weasley's." She continued explaining.

Tommy hummed, he may be Death but even he wasn't sure what could be happening in this new timeline, his Mother was keeping a tight lip on everything. And he was thankful she was, because Morgan wouldn't rush to get things done then, it gave her time to be a little girl. That had been an experience, Morgan and Aphrodite had gotten attached to a television series and one of the characters they loved had died. Listening to heart break songs was an experience. Especially when the two would sing the song together quite loudly. 

"I'm not sure what could be different this time around, but I know one thing Morgan, you will be fine, amazing. You are my daughter Morgan, and you have grown in such a short time into a warrior, you don't let the fear stop you, you are still a Gryffindor at heart, but a Slytherin in soul," He whispered to her, Morgan smiled gently as she hugged her papa tight, the man hugging her just as tight. "Don't let what could be, make you scared, see it and deal with it head on." He finished.

And for the remainder of that day the two stayed outside, Morgan making many flower crowns, one of poppies and daisies sat atop his head. One of lilies and heather's sat atop hers. The young girl being just that a young girl. Morgan gushing over the beautiful flowers and showing them all to him. Theses were the special days, the days where it was just them, she lived for these days, when her papa would sit with her and let her be a little girl, when these days first started she wasn't sure how to even be a little kid properly. But he helped her, he showed her.

"Papa?" She asked the deity her eyes holding this look of mischief.

"Yes little one?" He questioned.

Morgan smirked, before tapping his arm lightly and running away. "You're it papa!" She shouted with a gleeful laugh.

Tommy chuckled, before getting up and sending the flower crown to a special cupboard. Before running after the young girl, playing games all afternoon. Their laughter filling the Shelby grounds, such delight made the sun appear above them, Mother Magic listening to her sons gleeful shouts and her chosen granddaughter's elated screams and giggles. 

Inside a secret room of the Shelby manor, the flower crown appeared right next to another flower crown. This was a special room for every time the young Shelby girl made a crown, Tommy would wave his hand and keep them locked away forever, a spell was placed over the petals to keep them alive forever, this was his way of having something of hers. It was his reasoning for knowing she was safe. And he loved to see how far she had come from her first time making a flower crown to now.

It was his memories of their days when it was just the two of them. And it made his cold heart become warmer then what it was.