Chapter 3

She slowly moved towards me taking every precaution. When she finally got in front of me, she grabbed my arm. The flamed made her eyes glisten. She was entranced by the flame that she saw. She tried touching it and I quickly moved my hand away.

"Ma..."I yelled at her.

"Sorry to scare you like that sweetie. It just looked so pretty seeing that flame and so gentle that you'd think you could touch it without getting burnt." I wasn't expecting that type of description, or reaction.

 "I still need to know why didn't you tell me?", she said. 

Her voice was quiet but firm. And I know that there was no use lying to her.

"I was scared. I thought if you saw my power that you'd be scared of me. That when you knew the truth you wouldn't love me anymore knowing that at least part of what he said was true in that commercial." I felt like crying but I didn't want to so I heated up and the tears turned into steam.

 " Aww Phoenix,", she said in a caring tone. "You don't gotta be afraid of anything. Like I said you had good reason to get rid of them bastards. And it look like you know how to control it. Through the many years of staying here you ain't burn the house down. I'm just happy for that."

Just then my watch started beeping. It was time for me to go if I wanted to catch the nest flight to Maroon,Jive in Mars.

"I guess it be 'bout time my baby rolled along." she said with a sigh.

"Ma stop making me feel bad" I laughed and started heading towards my truck.I was a beaut'. Navy blue with a light silver out line. I got it because reminded me of my sister. 

My mom was at Hank's grave. I decided to join her. She smiled her brightest smile. It looked like even in death her happy place was with him. 

"Well ma I'm off.", I said with excitement. I was finally going to see the worlds for myself. 

"I want you to have a safe journey you hear and watch your back okay." I knew what she meant. 

 I still had the straw-like texture on my back from when I was a child. It was also noticeable so I had to hide it. The rest of my body was fine.

"I will.", I said with a smile. I knew I was gonna miss her, but there was more to the world than a farm and a small town. Until next time farewell, mom.

This one is kinda short sorry 'bout that. It's cram time for AP test and I gotta give it my all.

Happy Reading - BluProv