028

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

"Everyone, you did well!" I smiled and clapped, inconspicuously making my way to my staff and managers.

"Bye, Jungwon!" Ae cha spoke from the other corner of the room, making me nod with a smile.

"Here's your phone." My manager suddenly handed it to me with a content facial expression, making me raise an eyebrow in suspicion.

"What did you do with it?" I joked and shrugged, swiftly unlocking it.

What?

"Wait..Something's wrong." I mumbled to myself after my manager started the engine of our company car to drive me back to our dorm.

"Ah, you mean something is right?" The adult cackled, looking at himself proudly in the rear-view mirror, "I deleted the sasaeng number already. There's nothing left for you to worry ab-"

What..?
"Sasaeng?" My voice was full of disbelief, "What Sasaeng?"

"I've been watching you. You've been looking at your phone with a worried face for a while now." My manager looked a little less content now, unsure, "Next time you can tell me right away if something like this happens.."

I realized then.
He didn't delete a sasaeng's number, no.

The reason why I was staring at my phone...
The reason why I was so absent the past few days...

He deleted her number.

I inhaled deeply, "There never was a sasaeng."

"What do you mean?"

The whole drive was filled with tension that was mostly coming from me after I explained everything to him in the most compressed way possible.

Of course, I left out the part how I fell in love with her.
How I skipped dance practices in the past to talk to her and how I want her to be happy. How hard I'm trying and-

Actually, there was a lot I left out.

"I didn't know..." He mumbled, "You can just go ask her to give you her number again, right?"

That's when I remembered.

I memorized her number before!

Quickly typing in her number after a second of hesitation at each digit, I immediately wrote her messages, ignoring the fact that I was supposed to distance myself from her.