037

"She sounded very mad

"She sounded very mad." Jungwon let himself fall back into his car seat, his eyes tightly closed.
Their car was now on the way to the fansign and Ji hasn't been answering ever since.

"But why? What did you do wrong?" Ni-ki's eyebrows furrowed as if he was thinking very hard.

Jungwon hesitated for a moment, suddenly feeling irritated that Ni-ki immediately assumed that he was the one who was in the wrong.
"Nothing, I swear I didn't make any mistakes this time." The other insisted, looking outside the window.

"She will answer soon, I'm sure." The younger shrugged, "And if not, communication is done better in person anyway."

Ji's p.o.v

I gulped, pulling the hood of my black hoodie further over my face. With both hands in my pockets and only my keys on me, I not-so gracefully walked towards the big crowd of people in front of me.

Sweat dripped down my face, the hoodie was not helping, and I felt suddenly so small among everyone's cheerful smiles and screams with their colorful outfits.

With a miserable attempt to imitate their expressions, I tried to smile.

Maybe it would be better if I didn't show up.

Fans who actually deserved to be in my spot couldn't attend no matter how hard they tried and here I was taking their place all the while not being even half of a fan as they are.

You aren't supposed to be here. I kept telling myself and thought about turning back and run home again when suddenly the screams around me grew louder, startling me to the core.

"1,2,3..." Before I could understand the rest screams occurred loudly around me.

My eyes widened at the familiar voice.

"Hello, We are—"
Again. The screams were louder this time, swallowing the only familiar voice around me.
I could have sworn my heart stopped the moment I looked at the people the screams were meant for.

"Jungwon! Here!" Someone next to me screamed, immediately snapping me out of my thoughts. The boy was holding up a poster with a picture printed on top of it. An edit of Jungwon as a cat.
I had to suppress my genuine smile.

But it would soon vanish when people behind me pushed me forward, their elbows hitting into my sides, my face scrunched.

Everyone around me suddenly started forming a queue as the group sat down at the long table. They continued to push me around and I kept apologizing every time I accidentally hit someone with my elbow, till I stood anywhere remotely close in the queue.