040

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

"You are lucky." A girl's voice from behind my back startled me as I was putting on my in-ears for the upcoming performance. Turning around, I could see Jay and Ni-ki already bowing at the said person.

"Hello." I automatically greeted Ae cha as politely as possible, mimicking my friends as they left for their make up. Her glimmering dress was kind of distracting. But honestly, it did match the bright expression on her face. She must be the MC for today's music show. I raised an eyebrow in curiosity, but turned around to face the mirror again.

Simply smiling, she approached me swiftly. I continued to watch her in the mirror's reflection.
"Lucky? Why am I lucky?" I remembered her statement from seconds ago. A little late I know.
But better late than never.

"Your hiatus is over, right?" She ignored my question, the smile not once leaving her face.
She seemed nice. And bubbly. I had no reason to hold a grudge against her for a dating rumor that she also didn't have any influence in.

"Yeah, obviously." My eyes widened. I only realized too late how rude that must have sounded as I quickly waved my arms to apologize, "I mean yeah. It's my first day back. I'm kind of nervous."

"You are cute." She laughed at my expressive reaction, "No, you are doing really well. Don't worry! It has been a while since our names were the headlines of every news reports, remember? You used to feel so awkward every time I was in the same room..."

"Still do." I muttered under my breath.

"Oh."

Way to go, Jungwon.
You just made this ten times more awkward.

Quickly shaking it off, Ae cha continued, "Well, my name has vanished from the headlines, but yours still seems pretty present. Are you okay? I heard about the stalker. Everybody is talking about it."

I nodded.
Yesterday, the sasaeng was caught.
And yes, I did cause trouble at the company after the incident with Ji at the fansign. But with the news of a stalker lurking around our dorm at night, possibly taking secret pictures and also hacking my phone, every headline about a mysterious girl in a black hoodie that enhypen's leader yang jungwon ran after — potentially a new flame? was gone right away.

People assumed I ran after the sasaeng myself. That I was the one who caught her.
When in reality it was just me being hopelessly in love with a girl and pursuing her even though my career was hanging by a string. Luckily, Ji had her face covered throughout the whole thing and no one followed us afterwards.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Now I am." I weakly smiled for the first time at Ae Cha, "It was a teenager. Barely an adult. They should have known better. Turns out they have been stalking us for over a year now, selling exclusive photos from inside our dorm on a website. It's insane." Shivers ran down my spine when I remembered my conversation with my manager after the police acquired personal information on the delinquent.