035

"There's one more thing that I want

"There's one more thing that I want." Jungwon's voice faded into a mix of sweetness and allure, sending shivers down the girl's spine. Shaking her head as if it would shake off the feeling, she scoffed.

"How greedy." She had a light smile on her face, her fingers trembling from coldness. She was trying hard to play cool how flustered she had been, "You have so much already. You want more?"

"I would give everything up in a heartbeat..." He quickly responded, without wait or hesitation. He was sure of it and she could feel it in her bones, "If that means I get to have this one thing."

"Jungwon, you are so weird." She grinned before bursting out laughing, "As if I could ever afford to buy you that one thing—"

He couldn't help but smile to himself, his nervousness remaining, "No, you don't understand. It doesn't cost a thing, I promise. It's something only you can do for me."

Her eyes widened, her laughter dying down in a snap. Now the girl had no choice but to swallow down the dire feeling unfolding in the depths of her stomach. It was obvious on her face that she wasn't sure what he was trying to tell her, "What do you mean?"

She thought she knew what Jungwon was implying. But every time that thought crossed her mind, a thought that was very, very wrong and very similar to a feeling she wanted to ignore - pretend as though it didn't exist, her mind would shut down all of her expectations and hopes, crushing them till they became dust.
"Wait...Jungwon, don't tell me—"

"You are going to say that I'm just playing around. That I don't mean it. But believe me, Ji, this has been weighing on my mind for a while now..."
Thump. Thump. Thump.
Was it his own heartbeat? Or was it hers?

Her heart gave up.
Maybe she did know what he was about to say to her.

But her consciousness didn't let her believe it no matter what.

"Don't." She warned him quickly, breathless.
She gasped when she felt salty tears blurring her visions, "Please just— Whatever you are going to say, don't—" The girl didn't want him to continue. Whatever he wanted to tell her, she knew she didn't want to hear it.

Without knowing, she started to hold her breath hoping to be able to take in each of his words even more careful. Her heart was beating, her pulse was coming in hot waves, shaking her awake.
Her mind hasn't completely picked up what he was trying to tell her yet, but her heart did. And they were fighting.

"Ji, I..."

"Don't say it." The girl shook her head.

"Look up for me."

Before she could resist, she had already obeyed.

"Do you see them?" He continued. Jungwon was careful. He would put his attention on her, both his hands gently on her shoulders to turn her body towards him.