Merry Christmas Part 1

Start from the beginning

Atsushi went to his own desk, still stunned as he looked around the office. There were several decorations put up, making the place look festive. Even their doctor, Yosano, was wearing a wrapped present brooch on her shirt as she walked in to check on everyone again. He began wondering what was Dazai and Kunikida wearing and realized he was the only one wearing something that isn't related to the holiday. Still, Kenji easily solved that problem by giving him a Christmas hat.

When Kunikida and Dazai came back, the others stared at them. Dazai was wearing a fake red nose with a reindeer antlers' headband but Kunikida…

Yosano began spluttering. "Red and green is so not your color, Kunikida"

The blond was wearing a red shirt with a green waistcoat. His pants were the only clothing Atsushi was familiar with. Judging by Kunikida's face slowly turning red, it's most likely Dazai had somehow managed to convince his partner to wear such outfit.

Fukuzawa walked in, looking like his usual self. That is, until Kenji gave him a reindeer antlers' headband. The president put it on, slightly confused but decided to go with it. After all, his agency was the good kind of weird.

"I have something to say"

Everyone stayed silent, waiting for any announcements.

"We'll be spending Christmas with the mafia today"

△▽△▽△

"Get off of me!!"

Everyone decided to ignore the ginger's yell, including the brunette himself. Ranpo and Kunikida had asked permission for their president to bring their own lovers, which was granted. Katai brought his futon, much to Kunikida's dismay, but nobody seemed to mind the futon at all. Poe was frightened when Q and Elise suddenly ran up to him to pet his raccoon and hid behind Ranpo, which obviously was useless due to their height differences. However, Ranpo managed to send them off by bribing them candy. Then the two awkward introverts met each other and began a small talk between them.

Tanizaki went to give Tachihara a gift but started to panic when he saw how many gifts Tachihara gave him, not to mention them being expensive. Still, the mafioso was happy with the fox keychain Tanizaki gave him. The detective was planning to buy something expensive at first to try and pay back Tachihara but saw the fox keychain, which had a plaster over its snout, and thought of his lover, whom had a plaster over his nose.

Like Atsushi, Akutagawa had no idea that today was Christmas. He was puzzled when he received a gift from his sister, Chuuya, and Kouyou on the same day before his sister pointed out that it was the 25th of December, which is the date for the holiday Christmas. The mafioso was struggling to find a way to tell his lover that he didn't bought any gifts for him and the reason when the weretiger immediately confessed that he didn't knew it was Christmas, and that he didn't bought any presents for the other. After a few minutes, they decided to just watch a movie in Akutagawa's house, with several snacks and hot chocolate, and call it a day.

Gin gave her girlfriend a hair tie, apologizing that she couldn't find anything to wrap it with, nor had any idea on how to wrap one hair tie. Higuchi took off her own hair tie and tied her blond hair into a ponytail with the new hair tie with a big smile before giving the other a wrapped gift. Gin got a pearl necklace, a silver bracelet, and an amber hanging on a silver chain.

Kouyou and Yosano somehow managed to buy similar gifts. The doctor bought a sparkly diamond hairpin shaped as a tied ribbon for her lover, whilst the assassin(?) had bought a sparkly ruby brooch shaped as several small rubies in a silver tree branch. Apparently they somehow managed to buy it from the same jeweler and at the same day. The pair just laughed it off as Yosano helped put on the hairpin for her lover.

Chuuya was being annoyed by Dazai and ended up throwing his gift at him. Which led to him annoying the other again. "Oh for fuck's sake, can't you just open your gift and shut your mouth?!"

"Can't" Dazai replied with a grin and dodged an incoming kick from the ginger. Then he opened his gift and stared at it silently, the crumpled wrapping paper clutched in his other hand. It was a framed picture, which contained a picture he had tried to find before but gave up. The picture he had took with Odasaku and Ango in the Lupin bar.

The ginger watched his expression quietly. He knew that Odasaku and Ango was a sensitive topic to the brunette, especially since that one time Ango had betrayed the Port Mafia and Dazai's trust in him. Not to mention that he played a part of the redhead's death.

"Where did you get this?"

"You left it at the bar"

"Oh" the brunette stared at the picture before looking up at the ginger. "It's…alright". The ginger hummed as a response and was about to walk away when Dazai took out a gift. Chuuya frowned slightly. "You got a gift for me?" He asked suspiciously.

"Yeah. Ranpo told me to get you something"

"Who is Ranpo again?"

"The person who trapped you in a book"

△▽△▽△

Fukuzawa quietly watched his employees being happy as they open gifts when he felt somebody standing close to him. He glanced at his right side to find Mori standing beisde him.

"Everyone's so happy today" he commented. Fukuzawa nodded, mentally agreeing. The pair stood there in silence, uncertain if they should continue acting as enemies or act normally. Finally Mori let out a cough before leading Fukuzawa outside at the back. The president followed, slightly confused once again, but the boss clearly had something up his sleeve. Finally Mori told the other to close his eyes and cupped his hands whilst he go and get his present.

After a few minutes of waiting, the president began to suspect that the other was trying to trick him when he heard approaching footsteps. Then he felt something furry and warm in his hands, causing him to open his eyes immediately and finding a small kitten in his cupped hands. Fukuzawa looked at Mori with a questioning gaze while making sure he was holding the kitten correctly.

"I didn't steal it if that's what you're wondering" the boss replied. He was met with a slightly confused look before realizing that he once told the other that he could not bring cats back home as he didn't really liked them. "You've always wanted a cat so I thought, why not just give one to you? After all, it does make a good Christmas present"

Fukuzawa nodded before setting the cat down and pulling out a wrapped gift out of nowhere to hand it to Mori. Finally he decided to speak. "It's really nothing much"

Mori opened it to find books, a new white coat, and somehow a packet of new scalpels. He stared at the scalpels in shock, knowing that there isn't a way the other could have just casually buy it. "Wha- how on earth did you get the scalpels??"

"Yosano bought new ones before realizing she doesn't need them so she gave them to me and said it'll make a great present for you"

"…Was she joking or did she actually meant it?"

"…I have no clue"

Ideas: