Chapter 32: Get Together

"Oh, Sorry..." Rishi said as he suddenly entered and found Ria fixing her makeup in a deep neck cut blouse while being half draped in a dark blue Benarsi saree. Ria hurriedly covered her chest, pinning the saree as she observed Rishi looking at her from the mirror. In that instant, a sudden ring of a phone call breaks their eye contact.

"Important call. I'll have to take this." Rishi left after checking his phone.

"Poonam, why were you late in bringing my Gajra( flower string)?" Ria asked as she observed Poonam entering. She was done with her final touch-up.

"Mam, actually, Sir was here..." She could not finish and kept the Gajra on the side of the dressing table.

"Alright, help me with making my hair then.." Ria responded with a smile.

After a while, Poonam asked after fixing her bun with Gajra, "Mam, are you satisfied?"

"Completely satisfied!" Ria beamed with joy.

"Ria, ready?" Rishi asked as soon as he entered his room. The air was filled with his strong cologne.

"Yes, almost done, just give me some more minutes... I'm about to get it finished." Ria said as she just finished applying thick sindoor and was about to wear her choker neckpiece.

"Alright, hurry up, we have to reach on time." Rishi reminded.

"Poonam, hand those bangles to me, fast!" Ria panicked.

"How am I looking?" Ria asked excitedly.

"Gorgeous and very beautiful, mam!" She complimented.

"I m done. Let's go." Ria hinted as she found him busy on call at the corridor. For a moment, it was difficult for Rishi to take his eyes off her.

"Ramesh, get those files ready before I reach tomorrow." He replied on the call. The duo settled in the car and began heading toward the venue.

"Do these kinds of get-togethers are organized occasionally or on some regular basis?" Ria asked curiously.

"I have just called the whole department with their family for a kind of lunch party. There were many who wants to meet you so I organized it as a casual get-together." Rishi replied with a grin on his face.

"What! Why haven't you told me earlier?" Ria panicked.

"I dressed casually, I would have dressed according to function...then tell me honestly am I dressed up to the mark? " Ria whispered innocently in a tense state as she came close to his neck. Rishi was quite stuck for an instant and then took his time to respond.

"Why are you so worried... you look absolutely beautiful and fine...." He replied looking towards her.

"...besides, it's just an informal lunch party, it's always better that you are not overdressed than being undressed..." He tried to console her.