Chapter 27: First day

The next morning, Ria was already awake before her alarm. She didn't know, whether it was the anxiety of a new place or she was in little pressure of being a daughter-in-law of an entirely new family that had made her wake up so early in the morning while Rishika was still in the bed.

Ria was about to go for bath when she heard slight knock on the door. She covered her head with veil, fixed her saree and then opened the door. She was a little surprised to find her mother-in-law present in front of her as she opened the door.

"Beta, you are awake, I prepared this for you. Today, wear this saree with this Jewellery and come down." She said, hand her the thaal and left.

Rishika slowly gets up and saw the thaal that was kept on the bed and said, "Bhabhi, you might not be knowing before even meeting you, Ma prepared this saree when we were shopping for Rashmi Didi's wedding." She said with a beamed face.

"Is that so?" Ria was little amazed.

She came out of bath and soon dressed as she was supposed to be. She was looking very pretty and elegant in the green Benarsi Silk saree. With free flow, Rishika took her to the backyard where the duo clicked few selfies before going to Mandir.

With help of Rishika, Ria made proper pleats of her saree and then came down with proper veil

With help of Rishika, Ria made proper pleats of her saree and then came down with proper veil. Soon, the first ladies of the house gathered in the Mandir and where Panditji was already waiting for them after finishing all the arrangements of the puja. After a while, he started their Puja by blowing off Shank and reading mantras.

In the haveli, Niharika came down with servants carrying her bags to the main hall.

"Beta, why are you going so early..?" Ria's mother asked.

"After, Ria went, the whole Haveli has became silent of you two's chirping voices. Now, even she is going. Anu, let us tie her here with us." She became a little emotional.

"Didi, there is one way, let's get her married to Arjun, then she will always stay with us!" Both the sisters were laughing on their own leaving Niharika in a very odd situation.

"Why not, when are you going to get me married then?" Arjun came down the stairs cutting them in between.

"Silly boy..." Ria's mother commented.

"Chote Malik, the driver has not come yet..." He informed him.

"Arjun, then why not you drop her to the airport? It's a bit early, she will be troubled going alone in a cab.." Ria's mother suggested.

"Okay, bua... as you say...." Arjun replied and they went.

"What happened to Ramu Kaka?" Niharika asked while putting a set belt over her.

"Nothing... he is fine..." Arjun replied and turned on the engine.

"...then why did he not come?" She asked in suspicion.