Chapter 4: Ria's bucket list

While checking the bucket list from her diary that she just took out from her luggage, Ria found quite amusing things in the list. These included few fanciful things like falling for someone to going for a private night camping with him. It also had some weird things such as staying in bed for the entire day to live a villager's life for a week.

Her face was beaming with a bright smile on reading the whole long list. It had all the wishes she wanted to fulfill before leaving the earth. She started writing it when she was a teenager and still after being a grown-up, she keeps a check to tick most of the wishes in it. 

It was her wish to visit once again a few of her most favorite places of Kanpur before leaving for Benaras. Although she remembered nearly the names of all the places but still, she noted them on a piece of paper to make sure that she doesn't leave any of them.

It was Saturday, Samar also had school's half-day and his coaching was also off for the weekend. Ria planned a small outing with Samar. The weather was perfect and quite chilling for day's out. Just after having light lunch, the brother-sister duo went together in a Jupiter. The first place on the checklist was Moti Jheel or Pearl Lake.

It is one of the great sightseeing points for spending time with nature and feeling its beauty

It is one of the great sightseeing points for spending time with nature and feeling its beauty. The area is well covered with lush green surroundings and also avails boating facilities. Ria went with Samar to the boat. Both of them manage to paddle by matching each other 's speed.

They enjoyed feeding small fishes while rowing the boat. An array of street food stalls were opened at the entrance and within its premises especially for the rising crowd. They had some light refreshments from one of the food stalls and went to parking. Soon, they headed towards Ram Jhanki Mandir.

"Samar, do you remember when I came to Kanpur in my 3rd year

"Samar, do you remember when I came to Kanpur in my 3rd year..? We visited this mandir..."

She said with a contented grin while stepping towards the stairs. She continued,

 "I had a Manat in this mandir to visit it again if I could pursue my MTECH from an IIT and see, gratefully I m here...."

 They did a small puja in the mandir and after collecting Prasad and some offerings, they soon rushed to moved Ganga Baraj so as to not miss the sunset view. The cool breeze had its own majestic effect on the bridge and dam across the Ganga in the Azadnagar-Nawabganj area.