Pop Rocks

" And why should I go? " Kevin said flatly, scrolling through his phone with a bored expression.

" Because it's gonna be fun?? " Radford replied back incredulously.

" I don't make "New Years" resolutions anyways. I don't see a point in celebrating when I can stay in my apartment and drink alone. "

Radford huffed, crossing his arms and frowning as he leaned forward onto his knees. He lowered his eyebrows to look at Kevin sternly, who did not look up from his phone. Radford could get why he didn't want to celebrate, he wasn't much of a people person. But he never got out much other than when he was working. It was frankly quite depressing. He thought if he could encourage Kevin to go to the party he got invited to, the boring individual that sat before him would liven up a little.

" Or you could drink with a pal? " Radford nudged Kevin a bit with his elbow, which earned him an annoyed look.

" I'll just end up getting wasted in front of strangers. . that's embarrassing. "

Radford pushed his glasses up and snickered. " Not all strangers. . "

" . . Who? Rick? "

" Streber. "

Kevin faltered. He fumbled with his phone in his hands and once he caught it, he stared at Radford with a wide-eyed face.

" STREBER??? "

Radford nodded, leaning back in his chair smugly. Kevin stammered over his words over several times within a minute. Radford stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder and giving him a light shove. Kevin glared at him.

" Y-You know I can't— I'm not— "

" Dude, respectfully. . shut up. " Radford squinted.

Kevin in fact, did so. He fidgeted with the phone in his hands as he stared down at the floor and thought. Towards the end of December, Kevin started developing . . feelings for Streber. Whether it was infatuation or something greater, Kevin had no clue. As this was an attraction to someone he'd never quite experienced before. Sure, maybe he thought someone looked cute, but never the actual want to date them. Either way, the layers on the feelings he had were enough to leave him confused and embarrassed. If he could help it, Radford wouldn't even know, but he was a lousy liar and a worse actor.

" Look, it's just gonna be him, a handful of his friends, and Rick. Nothing big or extravagant. Could be a perfect timeeee. . ? "

" No. " Kevin shoved his phone into his pocket and got up.

" Kev' don't knock it 'til ya try it. "

" Radford— "

Kevin scoffed and paced back and forth across the room they were in, the living room of Radford. Currently not many people were in the house, excluding Radford's younger sister. But as of the moment it was just the movie lover and his anxious friend.

" I hate you. " Kevin said finally as he dropped his arms to his sides after a couple minutes of thinking.

" Is that a yes? " Radford grinned widely.

He watched as his curly haired friend glared at him for a moment, and exasperatedly nodded. Radford pumped his fist in the air and stood up in victory.

" YES I KNEW IT! Who's the best wingman? Me! "

Kevin lightly shoved Radford, rolling his eyes but cracked a smirk as he did. This earning Kevin a shove in return. Though his smug look quickly faded as Radford began to push him out the foor.

" Wear something nice, and be prepared to PARTY! "

" Wait, Radford, what does that mean— "

But the door was already shut behind Kevin. He glared at it as if Radford could see his irritation. Kevin waved a hand in dismissal and shoved his hands in his pockets. He grumbled as he walked away.