Disarmed: Aftermath

Most people would enjoy waking up in the comfort of their own bed. Under the covers, comfortable, possibly in the dark so that no sound or light were or disturb them. At peace.

This was not the case for Streber.

He stirred, and woke from his groggy state very slowly. The world was blurry, and dark before his eyes, taking what felt like hours to clear. In reality, it was only ten minutes. Still, he groaned as he tried to pull himself up in the cold bedsheets. No success, as the IV in his right arm gave him a quick, sharp pain and the mattress as hard as a rock made his body ache. Though none of this pain was anything compared to the stabbing, searing pain in his left arm. The beeping of the heart monitor and chatter outside the door of his room only felt like airhorns blaring in his ears. His head spun and he shut his eyes to try and focus.

What happened? Why is he here? He felt his thoughts spiraling into yelling clustered with the other noise and causing a massive headache. There was no stopping this mental hurricane. Streber was lost, forever. He felt his breath become short as the idea of never being able to escape this state came to his head. Not knowing how he got here, alone, and cold, and in pain—

The panicking stopped the second he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. He froze, as his thoughts came to a halt. Streber slowly turned his head to face who snapped him out of his anxious state. It took him a moment to focus his vision before he realized.

" . . Kevin-? "

Kevin slowly nodded, and while Streber was happy to see someone he loved, it broke his heart to see Kevin's expression so sullen. He tried again to lift himself again, only to be gently laid back to rest by the Candy Man. Perhaps that was for the better, he thought, he was still in a lot of pain.

" St-Streber. . " Kevin began hesitantly, " I-I'm going to need you to th-think for me here. "

" Kevin, what's going on— " Streber said quickly, but almost as fast interrupted by Kevin.

" Streber please. Just. . what happened? "

Streber faltered for a moment, as he sank right back into the bed. More than before because of how stiff it all felt. He looked away from Kevin, as his expression became one of disbelief and stared at the ceiling. Why was here. . ?

It came in a flash, in bits and pieces, but it was enough to remember. The pain, the screaming, the deranged expression of the serial killer he couldn't escape. And it felt just as bad in the hospital, this sense of being trapped. From confused, he quickly entered his state of shock and panic again. Breathless, and trying to sit up again, despite being in immense pain. The images of what happened that night appearing before him, with or without his eyes closed.

" I need to get out— I NEED TO GET OUT! "

" Streber!! Calm down! "

Kevin began feeling a bit uneasy, watching his lover become so anxious. The only thing he could think of was to quickly wrap his arms around him. This was in hopes to calm down Streber, and it took a couple minutes for him to. The previously-dressed-as-a-vampire vampire only dropped his head onto Kevin's shoulder in defeat, sobbing. Which was a large contrast to his normally happy-go-lucky personality.

" . . K-Kevin. " He said, his voice breaking. Streber not even realizing his lover was beginning to cry himself.

" It'll be okay. " Kevin breathed, hugging Streber tighter, though trying not to hurt him. Based on the latter's breakdown, he had a feeling about what happened. Even though partial of the story had already been told to him. Silence between the two occurred as they held each other, and thought or said nothing more. It was only broken when a question was asked by Streber, which made it feel as though Kevin's heart sank.

" Kevin, why can't I move my arm-? "