Chapter 25

Indio draws nearer and the ghouls begin to move to get their stuff in order.

"So, there's already stuff set up for you there. You just need to be ready to go when we get there." I state, while trying to stay out of the way of the bustling boys.

"Pretty much." Earth replies as he adjusts his belt.

Special calls out before a bag of clothes lands in Ember's lap.

"I thought I had to keep my robes on?" He asks in confusion as he pulls a couple shirts out of the bag. Special walks out from the back lounge, pulling a t-shirt over his head and bracing himself against the counter to steady himself.

"We're going to have times where it's best if we blend in. Since you guys aren't doing anything at Coachella, I'm going to take you guys to do something else. Today you get to be normal kids, and I want you to look the part." He explains as he moves to lower himself into the seat next to me.

As we gather our stuff to get off and get a car, Fire throws a small purse to me.

"Valentino wanted me to give this to you once we got to our first concert." He tells me as he makes his way to the door. I stare at the small, black leather shoulder bag in my hands, and my eyes go wide.

"This is a Valentino bag!" I shout to Fire, he waves his hand back into the bus, waving away my words. Resigning myself to the only person I know who will answer why I was given such an expensive bag when I'm supposed to look like a normal kid.

-Why did Fire just hand me a Valentino bag and walk away?

I plop onto the couch and wait for a reply, which comes quicker than I expected for a man on the other side of the world.

-Did you look in the bag?

Of course, Gizio isn't giving me a straight answer. I roll my eyes before replying.

-No, can you just explain now since I have you on the phone?! I'm supposed to pass as a normal kid, this bag is expensive as fuck.

The dots of death taught me as I watch for his reply.

-It's from the 90's you could make the argument you thrifted it. I wanted you to have something to make you think of me.

-Because it's a Valentino bag. -_-

-Yes.

- I also put one of my cards in there so you have money to spend while you're away.

- I added you as an authorized user to my bank account. You can use the card for anything you want. ( ˘ ³˘)♥

I take a minute to read the texts, when did he learn to type so fast? With a sigh I reply.

-You're spoiling me.

-You are my child, I have to spoil you.

Is his reply with a quickly sent second text.

-Especially since I know Listo won't spoil you. If he won't act like your dad, I will.

-Thanks I guess. You know literally no one, NO. ONE. Would trust me with money unsupervised.

After I send my last text I hear Special clear his throat.

"If you keep texting Valentino you're never going to do anything today."

I take a deep breath and pull myself off the couch before making my way to the door.

Ember follows close behind and shouts back to Special.

"So, what are we doing anyway?"

Special steps off the bus and begins to lead us toward a car.