Chapter 15: Revenge of the Goblins.

(Kassandra P.O.V)

It was in the early morning before Ron and Hermione were awake. Both Harry and I left the tent to search the woods around for the oldest, most gnarled, and resilient tree we could find. It was there that we could bury Mad Eye's Eye.

I transfigured up a box to place the eye in. Then put a Drachmae on the eye. "For the Ferryman." I said before Harry buried the eye in the shadow of the tree. He also marked the spot by gouging a small cross in the bark with his wand.

"It's not much, Kassie." Harry commented. "But better this than being stuck on the Toad Wart's door. Come on. Let's get back to the tent. Figure out what we're going to do next."

So we did. We all felt that it was best not to stay anywhere too long, and thankfully Ron agreed, but only that our next move took us within reach of a Bacon Sandwich. I know I wanted one.

Hermione made the decision to remove the enchantments she placed around the clearing, while Harry, Ron and I swept up our tracks that would've shown that we camped there. Then we proceeded to Disapparate to the outskirts of a small market hamlet.

Once we pitched the tent in the shelter of a small copse of trees and surrounded it with freshly casted defensive enchantments, Harry ventured out under the Invisibility Cloak to find food.

I could feel my stomach grumbling as I waited for Harry to come back. No doubt, he would come back with loads of food. And my mouth began to water with dreams of steak, potatoes, burgers, pizza, that type of stuff.

You could imagine my disappointment when I saw him return empty handed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. But for some reason, there was an unnatural chill around the area, like a sudden darkening of the skies that made me freeze where I stood." Harry answered.

Dementors. I should've known.

"But you can make a Brilliant Patronus!" Ron protested.

"I couldn't... make one." Harry panted. "It... it wouldn't come."

"Oh..." I moaned. So much for helpings of food. I had gone without food for a bit, but this was getting ridiculous. Harry looked ashamed. Probably because it was all of our expressions of consternation and disappointment or something.

"So we still haven't got any food." Ron recapped.

"No." I answered.

"Shut up, Ron." Harry snapped.

"Harry, what happened?" Hermione then questioned. "Why do you think you couldn't make your Patronus? You managed it perfectly yesterday?"

"I don't know." Harry answered. As he sat low in one of the armchairs, I had to scratch my head. Okay... Something was clearly wrong. I just had to put my finger around it. Which was hard given my stomach growling.

Ron kicked a chair leg. "What?" He snarled at us. "I'm starving! I've got to feed myself and a God! And I haven't had anything but Toadstools since I've bled half to death!"

"You go and fight your way through the Dementors, then." Harry shot back rather aggressively.

"Alright! I will!" Ron declared. "Or... we could go to Azkaban and deal with the crazy Dark Dragon who's going to destroy the world!"

"I'll go along with that." Anubis declared.

"We're on a huge mission-" Harry started to snap.

"Stop it!" I interrupted. "Look. I'll go get the food myself."