Chapter 8: Hiding Out.

(Kassandra P.O.V)

"Where are we?" Ron's voice suddenly asked once we were finished apparating. 

I opened my eyes. And for a moment, I didn't think we left the wedding at all: Considering that we were still surrounded by people. And also in the middle of a road. Nope. We were away from the wedding now. 

"Bus!" Harry screamed. And we all got to the side of the road as a bus ran right in front of us. 

"Woah!" We all yelled. That was close. 

"Tottenham Court Road." Hermione panted answering Ron's question earlier. "Wait! Where's Ryan?!" She looked around.

"He... he let go of my hand because Sophie was in trouble." I answered hesitantly. 

"OH NO!" Hermione screamed. And she smacked her head. "I'm an idiot!"

"No you're not." Harry assured. "It all happened so fast, that's all." 

"Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere to change." Hermione suddenly said now in an hysterical tone.

"Good call." I said. And we half walked, half ran up the wide dark street thronged with late night revelers and lined with closed shops, stars twinkling above us. And a group of Merry Pub goers ogled us as we passed; Harry and Ron were still wearing their dress robes.  

"Hermione, we haven't got anything to change into." Ron told her, as a young woman burst into the raucous giggles at the sight of him. 

"We do, Harry doesn't." Anubis corrected. 

"Why didn't we make sure we had the Invisibility Cloak with us?" Harry asked. 

"You don't have the Cloak with you?" I asked in disbelief. "Malaka!" Why didn't I run to the house and grab the cloak when I had the chance? 

"Don't panic. I've got the Cloak, and I've got clothes for all of us." Hermione assured. "Just try and act naturally until- this will do." 

She led us down a side street, then into the shelter of a shadowy alleyway.

"Hermione when you say you've got the Cloak and clothes...?" I asked. And then I looked at the small beaded handbag in which she was now rummaging. 

"Yes, they're here." Hermione praised, and then she pulled out a pair of jeans, a sweatshirt, some maroon socks, and finally, Harry's Invisibility Cloak. 

"How in the name of Hermes did you-?" I asked.

"You remember that one time in our third year when I had too much in my school bag and it kept ripping?" Hermione asked me. "Well... I thought so we wouldn't have an incident like that again, I decided to come up with an Undetectable Extension Charm. Tricky, but I think I've done it okay; anyway, I managed to fit everything we need in here." She gave the fragile looking bag a little shake and it echoed like a cargo hold as a number of heavy objects rolled around inside it. Like it was the bag of Mary Poppins. "Oh, damn, that'll be the books." She said peering into it. "And I had them all stacked by subject... Oh well... Harry, you'd better take the Invisibility Cloak. Ron, Kassie, hurry up and change..." 

"When did you do all this?" Harry asked as Ron stripped off his robes. And I started to get out of my dress. 

"Um... guys?" I asked.

"We know the drill." Harry and Ron both turned around.

"I told you at the Burrow, I've had the essentials packed for days; you know, in case we needed to make a quick getaway. I packed your rucksacks this morning, after you changed, and put them in here... I just had a feeling..." Hermione explained.