eleven

paper rings
chapter eleven

×××

Derby Day.

It was Derby Day.

To say Elias was psyched would be an understatement, it was the first time he'd get to see Leah play live and it was a North London derby.

He couldn't wait for North London to be red.

He looked between the two shirts that he could put on, both being that seasons home kit, but different names and numbers sat on the back.

"Ren!" He shouted to his sister, needing help making the decision.

She came into the room with a worried look on her face but instantly started laughing as she saw her brother holding a different shirt in either hand.

"I'm not even sure why it's a decision. Leah is practically your sister."

"So is Viv though." He groans, putting the t-shirts down and dropping his head into his hands. "I'm so glad that you aren't a footballer, then I'd have 3 shirts to choose from."

She only laughed more in response. "Okay, how about this," She started, making Elias look up at him. "I'll wear Leah's, you wear Viv's."

"But now what about Beth." He pouted slightly, not wanting anyone to get left out.

"Beth wasn't even an option 5 seconds ago!" Ren told him with an incredulous look on her face.

Riley frowned slightly. "I just don't wanna make anyone sad." He admitted.

"You're coming to the game, that's more than enough. Get yourself a partner and they can wear Beth's." She teased making his eyes go wide.

"Ren!"

×××

Eventually he did put on Viv's, even if it did mean dealing with an annoyed Ren for making them run behind slightly over a shirt.

She didn't mind really.

They arrived at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium only 10 minutes later then they told Leah they would be, but Elias messaged her the moment he realised they'd probably be late.

They climbed out of the car and suddenly there were flashes, he was with Adrienne, so he knew it would happen, but he didn't expect it to happen that quick.

His eyes went wide and he froze in his spot, Adrienne noticing this and placing her hand on his back to guide him forwards.

Leah, Viv and Beth met them half way, Viv pulling off her jacket to cover Elias' face, he might be 16, but she knew that he hated the flashes, he hated the attention that came with the flashes.

"Come on, bud." She told him while Leah and Addie made sure they didn't seem too affectionate, they're relationship wasn't public yet.

If anything, Elias wearing Miedema 11 on his shirt was helpful, it meant that it could be seen as just supporting friends.

Speaking of the shirt, Viv was yet to notice, more focused on getting the teenager inside the stadium, and as soon as they were she lets out a sigh and drops her jacket.

And then she sees it.

She gasps and stares at the number 11 on the back of his shirt, her surname above it.

Not knowing what Viv was making a fuss about, Leah peaks over. "Oh, come on!" She groans, a fake annoyed look on her face.

"I'm wearing your name on my shirt, babe." Addie tried, trying to switch the attention off of Aurelius.

"His name is literally Aurelius Montgomery-Williamson and he's still not wearing Williamson. He's wearing Miedema. That's so offensive." She tells her girlfriend making her laugh slightly. "Don't laugh!" The blonde pouts.

"I'm sorry, Lee, I know, I shouldn't laugh. But if it makes it better he literally sat in his room with yours and Viv's shirts in his hands trying to decide for like 20 minutes. It's why we were late."

"Oh, so at least I'm a close second choice." She rebutted, making Elias frown, noticing this her eyes went wide. "Rory, I'm joking. You can wear whatever shirt you want. As long as it's not McCabe." She teases seeing Katie walk into the lobby.

"Hey!"

×××

The game ended just as quickly as it started, the 90 minutes they were on the pitch flying through as if they were 90 seconds, but they weren't.

In the 90 minutes on the pitch, Arsenal managed to bag themselves 4 goals, and Tottenham none.

Elias had never felt himself so enchanted with a game before, but when all of the Arsenal fans began their chant, he couldn't help but fall more in love with football.

This was a dream.

North London was red.

And his sister was on the winning team.

I loved this chapter- the paps are gonna be a part of this book, as much as I hate them, they do exist

I haven't decided if they're actually gonna have a purpose more than being a nuisance, but they are here.

Elias wearing Miedema <3333

Merry Christmas Eve!!!!!