five

paper rings
chapter five

×××

Riley sat up with a stretch, the back of his hands coming up to wipe his eyes.

12:06

He'd been asleep for about 5 hours, knowing that Leah must still be on the pitch, she wouldn't just leave him in the office.

He got up slowly, stretching his body once more, before deciding he was gonna go down to the pitch.

He grabbed his phone off the sofa next to him and began to leave the office.

He had no idea how to get to the pitch.

He bumped into one of the janitors and offered her a soft smile.

"Hi, ma'am, I was wondering if you could show me the way to where the women are? It's my first time here and I'm not even completely sure where they are.." His accent strong as he rambled, but luckily, the lady understood what he was saying anyways.

"They're currently in the relaxation room to have a break until it's time to start training again, I can take you there if you'd like." She smiled warmly at him.

He grinned back at her and nodded, moving his hair out of his face. "Yes. Thank you."

She placed her cleaning supplies down softly, and began to walk with him, neither trying to start up a conversation, knowing it would be awkward, so they basked in the silence.

When they eventually made it there, she smiled at him again. "Here we are."

"Thank you. I hope you have a good day." He spoke politely as she nodded and began to walk away, leaving him to knock on the door softly.

Soon enough later, the door opened. But of course, with his luck, it wasn't any of the girls who he knew.

No, it was the Skipper.

"Hello?" The Scottish Captain asked, confused as to why a teenager was knocking on the door.

"Hi." He started, mumbling. "I, uh, I just wanted to see Leah, she knows who I am, just, uh, just tell her it's Rory."

She nodded slowly, confused before turning around, still stood in the doorway, shouting over to Leah.

"Hey, Leah! Someone at the door for you?"

"Who is it?" She shouted back, retying her hair.

"Rory?" She replied, more like a question.

A small smile grew on Leah's face as she nodded. "Yeah, let him in."

"Okay, kid, guess you can come in. We're just getting ready for training though, so make it quick." He nodded in response, Captains always scared him.

He walked into the room, following behind Kim until he managed to walk off to Leah.

The blonde opened her arms and let him fall into a very quick hug. "Hey, Rory, how was your nap?" She asked with a bright smile, clearly loving being at training, in her training kit.

"It was good. But I'm no longer tired and didn't wanna stay in the office unnecessarily felt wrong." He spoke quietly, trying not to draw attention to himself more then he already has.

The girls were all seated around the room, just having conversations, doing exactly what the room entailed.

Relaxing.

He made eye contact with Viv and smiled softly at her, earning a bright one back.

But then Jonas came into the room. "Okay, time to get back on the pitch." He spoke with a smile, and everyone nodded and stood up.

They all loved their job, and their coach. It was refreshing to see, he liked seeing people so happy in day to day life.

"Elias, you joining us?" Jonas asked him making everyone turn to him.

A pale shade of pink dusted over his cheeks as his hair flopped down to cover his eyes. "Sure, Jonas, why not."

"You play?" Leah asked him.

He shrugged softly. "Yeah, with Liam's team sometimes for training if someone can't make it."

"Can't wait to whoop your butt." She smiles at him teasingly. "Especially if your only training has been with Liverpool."

"Oh, you're gonna get it now, Williamson." He told her, pointing at her as he follows the girls out of the relaxation room and down to the pitch, joking with Viv, Beth and Leah again.

He'd felt safer around them then he had in a long time.

I love this so much.

Okay, so, my plan is, a chapter a day (hopefully 🤞) and then after Christmas, I'll take a break from writing this until I have a full pledged plan, because I've currently got 7 chapters planned. And yes, that includes these 5. So- gonna just plan after Christmas, but I wanna write leading up to Christmas so-

6 chapters to go!