ten

paper rings
chapter ten

×××

Aurelius always forgot how hard goodbyes with Liam were, he'd wished he could be around him constantly, but sadly, that wasn't the case.

Liam had football and his family, he couldn't stay in London, and Elias wouldn't ask him too, he just wished he could see him more often.

So when Liam had to go home, Elias wasn't afraid to admit that he moped a little bit, the only thing to cheer him up was a certain piece of news from his favourite footballer.

"Aurelius, get in here!" Leah shouted, but he wasn't nervous, he could practically hear the smile in her voice.

He pushed his hair out of his face and followed Leah's voice, the two blondes were both seated on the sofa with massive grins on their face.

"What's goin on out here then?"

Instead of answering, Leah turned her laptop around for him to pick up and read.

Leah,

It is my absolute joy to tell you, that as soon as you get these papers signed that I'm going to get to you as soon as I can, Aurelius will officially, and legally, be under yours and Adrienne's care.

I know you understand the depth of that, so I won't lecture you.

So with that, you can officially welcome, Aurelius Beau Montgomery-Williamson as your son.

Tears grew in Aurelius' eyes as he looked between the laptop and his new guardian's.

Noticing the tears. "You don't have to change your name! Williamson isn't part of your name, she was just messing."

Elias let out a chuckle at his.. sister's nerves before replying. "No, Leah, I want it. I want to be Aurelius Beau Montgomery-Williamson, I just.. I'm crying because I'm free. Because I'm safe here."

His response made tears grow in Addie and Leah's eyes as well, both standing up to pull him into a hug.

A few tears slid from his eyes but they were caught by Adrienne's jumper as he burrowed his head into her neck.

"Hey, hey, hey." She whispered soothingly, tilting his head for their eyes to meet. "That email, while it means so much, it means nothing. You've always been my child, okay, nothing has to change, you're my child, you're my brother, I'm your sister, I'm your guardian." She rambled out to him. "But, you are safe here, you are safe with Leah and I. And as long as you know that, there will be nothing we can't get through."

"You out of your grump about Liam now?" Leah asked smugly, making Adrienne hit her arm.

"Don't remind him!" She warned making Leah laugh brightly.

This was her home. She had no complaints.

×××

London is red!
21 recipients

Manuela Zinsberger : Manu
Kaylan Marckese : Kaylan
Rafaelle Souza : Rafa
Lotte Wubben-Moy : Lots
Jennifer Beattie : Jen
Leah Williamson: myself
Steph Catley : Steph
Noelle Maritz : Elle
Laura Wienroither: Laura
Teyah Goldie : Teyah
Jordan Nobbs : Jords
Kim Little : Skipper ❤️
Frida Maanum : Frida
Lia Walti : Other Lee
Mana Iwabuchi : Mana
Beth Mead : Bethany 🙄
Vivianne Miedema : Viv 🐐
Katie McCabe : Katie McCard 🟨
Lina Hurtig : Lina
Caitlin Foord : Caitlin
Stina Blackstenius : Stina

myself
Hey everybody! News!

As of today, only thing
left to get Rory in our
custody is sign!

No more throwbacks!

So I was wondering if
everybody wanted to come
round as a small get
together to celebrate

Teyah
Sorry, Leah, I can't
make it, congratulations
though! Tell me all about
it at training!!!!

Lina
won't be able to make
it either

spending time with
family

myself
Okay, who is coming?

Might be easier for Addie
and I to plan that way

Katie McCard 🟨
Addie is gonna be there?

Why didn't you say
so, I'll be there!

myself
Katie do you have a crush
on my girlfriend?

Jords
Who doesn't?

I'll be there!
Just give me a time

After many more messages, they'd figured out who was coming,

Kaylan, Teyah, Lina, Stina, Caitlin and Noelle couldn't make it, leaving still a lot of people

Manuela, Rafaelle,
Lotte, Steph, Lia, Beth, Viv, Katie, Jordan, Laura, Frida, Mana, Jennifer and Kim would be coming, which Leah was sure Elias would appreciate.

Though, there was no way Viv and Beth were missing this one. They loved Rory almost as much as she and Addie did. Okay.. they probably loved him just as much as Leah did, if not more, especially Viv.

Leah planned everything out and told them they can bring snacks if they like but not to bring over anything big, their house was big thanks to both of their jobs, so the games room would become today's hosting room.

Two hours later, people began to arrive, Viv and Beth showing up first and Katie somehow arriving last.

They all settled in the games room, splitting off into the multiple different things to do in the room, table football, darts. There was even a teqball table in there, but they only used it when nothing else was being used and was safely tucked away.

Everyone was talking and having fun, but they were all there for one reason.

Aurelius.

And he'd never felt so at home.