six

paper rings
chapter six

×××

Training was fun. Training with Arsenal was fun.

Aurelius noticed that when they got to the pitch and were told they were playing a 5 a side game, Elias enjoyed 5 a side football, nearly as much as he enjoyed normal football.

"So you do play football, right?" Jonas asked him, coming to stand next to him with a soft smile.

Elias offered him a soft smile of his own and answered. "Yeah, I do. Used to train with Liverpool's Under 18s when someone couldn't make training, my best friend is on the team."

"Maybe we should get you in our Under 18s, they're needing a new player, our captain is turning 18 soon."

Rory's eyes widened softly as he faced the Coach fully. "As in.. play.. for Arsenal?" He asked, a small grin growing on his face.

"For Arsenal's Under 18 males, yeah, you'd have to do a trial, but depending on how good you do today, I'm sure I can put in a good word. Now go warm up." He pushed the teenager forward slightly with a grin making him jog towards the girls with a smile on his face, forgetting all about the pain he was feeling.

When they were done warming up, they got into teams, he was on Team A, which consisted of:

Manuela Zinsberger GK
Lotte Wubben-Moy D
Leah Williamson D
Lia Walti M
Aurelius Montgomery F

Team B was:

Kaylan Marckese GK
Rafalle Souza D
Steph Catley D
Jordan Nobbs M
Beth Mead F

The other teams hadn't been chosen yet, as these two were the ones going first.

They all took their place on the smaller pitch, Elias sparing a glance back to Leah who smiled reassuringly at him.

"Get your head in the game." He told himself in his head, he knew it was training, but if he did well, he got a good word in with the Under 18s coach.

He put on his game face, rivalling that of Leah's, making Beth - who was stood directly in front of him - laugh, seeing the resemblance between the boy and his sisters girlfriend when they play the sport they both clearly love.

And then the game started.

He instantly took off with the ball, passing it to Lia who managed to get a shot on target, sadly, Kaylan had caught the ball.

The game continued with the same level of competitiveness.

But ended 3-2 to Team A.

Lia had ended up getting 2 goals, both with his assist, and he'd ended up getting one of his own, with her assist.

Beth and Jordan both scored once for their team, but multiple other goals were on target, making Aurelius say that they'd have lost if it wasn't for their defense and Keeper, so really he hasn't done much, which made Leah roll her eyes and nudge his shoulder.

"You played good, kid. Accept it."

×××

After many more matches, Aurelius winning 2/3 that he played in, losing when Viv was forward for the other team - he had a deep routed respect for that girl. She was so good. It was time to go home.

Collecting the little amount of items he brought with him, he waited in the lobby, knowing that Leah would find him when she was done with changing.

While he stood there, waiting for the blonde Defender to find him, Jonas walked over.

"You played really good today, kid. And when you lost, no fowls, so, that's always handy. I'll put in a good word for you with the Coach. I won't say anything that isn't honest."

Elias smiled softly. "Thank you, Jonas."

"It's no problem, Damian will love you. And so will the rest of the girls, if you ever want to come by, you will always be welcome while I'm Coach."

Before Elias could respond, Leah entered the lobby. "Hey, Elias, you ready?" Elias nodded in response, smiling at Jonas as a goodbye. "Come on, Addie should be home by now."

The two of them made their way to the car, smiling as a goodbye to anyone they pass.

Elias got into the shotgun seat and smiled brightly, looking out the window.

Leah observed him. "What's gotten into you?" She asked, a smile of her own on her face.

"Just.. Jonas said he'd put a good word in with the Coach for the under 18s." He honestly spoke making Leah's eyes widen.

"Damian? Oh, he'll love you. He's a sweetheart. Only 23 as well. So he's not super old." Leah told him, smiling as she thought of the Coach for the Under 18s. "Wait, you might play for Arsenal?" It finally kicked in, making her sit up straight.

"Probably not, I mean, I'm gonna have to go back to St Helens eventually, so there's no point signing for a club down here." He sighed, leaning against the window. "It was just nice to know I'm even good enough for it."

Aurelius, my baby, you're more than good enough </3

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Aurelius, my baby, you're more than good enough </3

Peep the 5 a side football because I play 5 a side football

Also, it's official, Viv has ruptured her ACL and will be out for a while now, including missing the upcoming Women's World Cup, I just want to wish her the best of luck in her recovery, and hope the best for her and Beth <3

paper rings | wosoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें