two

paper rings
chapter two

×××

When he finally arrived, he looked at the tiny clock his car showed him.

06:11

He took a deep breath and looked at his stuff placed behind him.

There was no going back now.

He opened the little mirror and looked at his eye, noticing it had already began to bruise he sighed, Addie would ask questions.. again.

He hated the questions.

He didn't want to lie to his sister, of course he didn't.

But he didn't really want to tell her the truth, either.

She'd worry. She always did.

He knew she'd find out though, she'd look at him and know. She always did.

He opened his car door softly, closing it only just hard enough for it to actually shut and lock the door.

He took a couple steps up the steps to the house, but before he could knock, the door swung open.

He frozen slightly, his mouth parting while he quickly dragged his closed fist back to his body.

The blonde in the doorway did the same thing, looking back inside before looking at him. "Aurelius? Is it? Adrienne's little brother, are you okay?" She rambled out, forgetting to introduce herself as she notices the bruise forming around the teens left eye.

"I-"

"Leah who is it?" A voice he recognised as his sister spoke as she came to the door, also freezing in place at the sight of her younger brother.

"Riley?" She questioned, Leah moving out of the way so Adrienne could get through and pull the 16 year old into a hug. "What are you.."  She trailed off, noticing the bruise and the cut on his cheek. "Again?" She whispered, her eyes soft.

He couldn't meet her eyes, nor could he bring himself to speak, so he just nodded softly, looking down at his feet.

She only hugged him tighter.

"Elias, you know I'd love to stay at home with you and make sure you're okay, but I have meetings after meetings after meetings today. And I really wish I could miss them but-"

"Ren, it's okay. I know you love me, but you also love your job. I'll just.. explore London or something." He shrugged.

"Nonsense." Leah cut in. "I'm Leah, if you didn't already know, Addie's girlfriend." She introduced herself, making Elias smile softly, of course he knew who she was, Addie doesn't shut up about her girlfriend. "You can come with me to training, as soon as we get you out of the.. shirt you're wearing. You're not actually a Liverpool fan. Are you?" She quickly asked, trying not to sound to disgusted, wanting to make a good first impression.

"No. I don't actually have a favourite team.. my parents.. are uh.. Rugby fans. Football isn't even a topic we're allowed to speak about. This is my best friends."

"His friend Liam plays for Liverpool Under 18s, the two are so close you'd think they were both my brother's." Adrienne joked.

Elias smiled his first genuine smile at the mention of his friend, already missing him and wishing he'd said goodbye.

"Okay, so, I'll get you out of that, and you can put on one of my oversized Arsenal shirts, with Williamson on the back, of course, and we can move on with the whole.. that." She points at the shirt, not wanting to say Liverpool again, making Elias chuckle.

"You realise I'm from Merseyside, right? Liverpool is like- in my blood."

"She's from Merseyside." Leah points at her girlfriend. "She loves Arsenal." She exagerates loves.

"Cause she loves you." He copies the exaggeration.

"So, what I'm hearing is, if I get you to love me, you'll love Arsenal?" Leah spoke, leading the 16 year old into the house.

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll like Tottenham instead." He shot back with a sly grin on his face, watching as Leah's face dropped and she turned him around.

"Adrienne, your brother isn't staying here anymore." Elias let out a laugh as Adrienne sighed and removed Leah's arms from Aurelius.

"Grab your bags kid, leave them in the front room, I'll sort them when I get back from my meetings. Are you okay going with Leah?"

"If she still wants me to go?"

"As long as you get that shirt off, I'll be glad for you to come with me to training."

Elias laughed and brought his bags in from the car, he opened his duffle bag, switching the Liverpool shirt for a plain white t-shirt.

But just before he put the shirt back in his bag, he wiped it along the sofa making Leah squeak to herself and cringe.

He sorted out his t-shirt and put his glasses on with a laugh. "Let's go then, Arsenals star defender. Adrienne's words, not mine."

Leah smiled and gave Adrienne a quick kiss, laughing at the gag Elias let out in response.

"Goodbye, babe, I'll see you later." She smiled, before heading off with Elias.

She just knew she was gonna like this kid.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

LONGER THAN THE LAST ONE BY 500 WORDS!!

LEAH CATHERINE WILLIAMSON GUYS

God I love her.

Owns my heart, no joke.

I'm obsessed.

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed <3

Yes, I posted this after the match today on purpose, I watched it, Viv being pulled off completely put me off so I understand why it probably put off the Arsenal Ladies as well.