CHAPTER THREE

"Hi, can we talk?" Stefan asked as Elena opened the door.

That morning, Stefan, Margot and Damon had paid a visit to Katherine.

"Let's do it," Damon said as he and Stefan lifted the stone door away, setting it against the wall while Margot 'supervised'.

Katherine immediately walked, or rather straggled out, sending glares to the vampires and siphoner. "Come back to taunt me? Again? You must be getting bored or desperate." She glanced at Margot, "Why don't you come inside? I could teach you a few things."

Margot rolled her eyes at the woman's suggestion, "I'd rather see my father again. We're here for the moonstone. Hand it over and I'll let you out the second Klaus is out of town."

"Let me out? And how would you be able to do that, little witch?"

"I can siphon any magical being or item. I could easily siphon the spell off of the tomb, letting you walk free. Do we have a deal?"

"I'd rather you let me out now."

Stefan raised his brow, "I thought you liked it in there. Nice and safe where Klaus can't get you."

Her face remained stoic, "I've had time to reconsider."

"Meaning you're hungry," Damon pointed out, a small smirk on his face.

"I'm starving. And bored. At least running from Klaus wasn't boring- so here's the deal: you have little witch here siphon the spell, you get the moonstone, and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls, never to return."

When they stayed silent Katherine smiled, "If you don't do it, Margot, your little friend will die and chances are, so will Stefan and Damon. You will have no one. It'll be like the basement, all over again... Let me know when you decide."

Now inside the Gilbert residence, Margot sat on the island while Stefan and Damon stood in front of Elena who asked, "You don't believe her, do you?"

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone."

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan added, as he moved closer to Margot, sitting on the counter next to her.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, you live," Damon said as though he had figured it all out.

"How do you destroy it?"

"By releasing it from the moonstone."

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" She asked hesitantly.

"Cause we have two crafty witches on our side."

"You discussed it with Bonnie and Maggs?"

The siphon nodded, "We both agreed to do anything we can to help you."

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not gonna give it to you." Elena argued.

"We're gonna get it from her," Stefan reassured, a hopeful look in his eyes before Damon said, "Well, what he means to say is, we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to."

"Bonnie and I just need to find a way to release the seal long enough for Stefan and Damon to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for us to return it."

Elena stared at them. It was obvious she didn't like the plan. All three Salvatores could practically guess the words about to come out of her mouth. "Wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out."