At the lack of response, she glanced up. Altair seemed to be in thought. She jumped back in surprise when he quickly stood up. He stared at the window with a sharp glare. She opened her mouth to ask him what was wrong before the glass shattered and flew into the room.

Evangeline screamed and clenched her eyes shut as warm arms wrapped around her. She grabbed onto her savior out of reflex. She felt the edges of sharp broken glass shards graze her skin. After the sounds of the glass falling had ceased, she hesitantly opened her eyes. Looking up, she made eye contact with Altair.

She heard footsteps on the shattered glass. "Altair!" Evangeline's eyes widened at the familiar voice. She turned and gasped at the sight. There, standing in front of the broken window were Shiva and Vesper. Shiva stepped forward. "It's over. Let her go," Shiva demanded.

Altair growled, tightening his grip on the woman. "Where are the others?" He asked himself, wondering where the werewolves were. "Actually, it's far from over. I still seem to have what you want in my hold." He smirked, leaning down towards Evangeline. Said girl tried her best to push him away from her and break free from his grasp. All of a sudden, Altair was pulled away from her and forced against the wall. There was nothing holding him in place, Evangeline noted. "What?!" The male shouted.

At the sound of the glass cracking on the floor, she looked towards the door. There was a woman with a deep frown on her face who held her hand out towards Altair. She stopped a few feet in front of him. "Grab the girl and go. The others will awaken soon," she stated monotonously.

Evangeline felt someone grab her arm and she looked up to see Shiva. "Let's go," he quickly said, beginning to pull her out of the room. The girl looked back to gaze at the woman still holding her arm out towards Altair. In the hall, Shiva stopped and quickly backed away from her. He covered his face. "I can't," he muttered. His voice was muffled from behind his hand.

Evangeline stared at him in confusion. Vesper quickly stood in front of him though. "Blood," he mumbled, grazing his hand along her cheek. When he pulled back a little she saw the red liquid coating his fingers. She watched as the brothers' eyes flashed red. Her eyes widened when Vesper put his finger in his mouth and when he pulled it back the blood was gone. He let out a deep breath.

The brothers stared at her as her heart pounded in her chest. Shiva clutched his face tighter around his nose. "Just hurry," he sputtered out. Vesper glanced at him before nodding and grabbing Evangeline's arm. He sped down the stairs and towards the front door.

However, they were cut off when Altair jumped down and landed in front of them. He chuckled, dusting off his shirt. "That was close. Although, maybe next time you won't have the witch shatter glass into a human's face," he teased with a smirk.

Evangeline gasped as she looked around them and saw wolves closing in. She tightly held onto Vesper in fear and anticipation. When the wolves finally began to run towards them she tightly shut her eyes.

Suddenly, she felt herself falling and gasped as she reopened her eyes. The only thing she could see was pitch black. A second later, she landed on a black surface that rippled beneath her. The impact didn't hurt her at all, in fact it had no effect.

She carefully stood up and looked around. In the corner of her eye, she saw a semi-familiar woman walking away from her. "Excuse me?" She called out, hearing her voice echo. "Hey! Wait up!" She exclaimed, starting to chase after the woman.

Vesper caught Evangeline's limp body in his arms. He and Shiva looked down at her in surprise. "Evangeline! Evangeline, wake up!" Vesper yelled as he shook her. The wolves paused and watched them with narrowed eyes.

Altair observed in silence with calculating eyes. Something about her fainting didn't seem natural to him. He tilted his head as he watched the two vampires try to wake her. He could practically feel the gears in his head turning. It was on the tip of his tongue.

After a moment, said girl awoke with a gasp. She looked around, ignoring Shiva's worried questions. She stopped when her eyes caught onto something behind the railing on the second floor. "Who are you?" She whispered. Vesper followed her gaze and realized what she was looking at. The witch from before stared down at them with an empty expression as she braced her hands on the railing.

That's when it clicked in Altair's mind. "A seer." He smirked arrogantly. He couldn't help but let a humorous laugh escape him. He brushed his hair back. "That's why she's so special to you, hm? You want to bargain with that bastard again?" He said incredulously. He suddenly glared at the two vampires. "I don't think so." He growled.