🌬Chapter 30☁

🌬☁

The weather was good on Saturday. Peat went downstairs early in the morning to wait for Fort. As soon as he walked downstairs, he saw that Fort’s car had been parked at the doorway. He raised his hand to check the time, forty minutes ahead of schedule.

Fort got out of the car and looked at him with a smile, "I knew you would be so early."

Peat  hurriedly walked up to him, "Have you been waiting for a long time?"

Fort opened the car door and let him sit down, "It didn’t take long." After speaking, he looked at Peat who was sitting there with an apologetic expression on his face and smiled, "Don’t come out so early in the future. Come out at the time which we chose. If you want to come early, you can only shift it to five minutes earlier."

As soon as Peat wanted to speak, Fort kissed the corner of his mouth, and then said, "Five minutes is my biggest concession."

"Otherwise, when we make an appointment in the future to meet at about ten o’clock, I will wait for you from five in the morning."

Peat blinked when he saw him having a malicious expression and pretending to be a rascal, and then obediently nodded his head.

Quick and light music was playing in the car, and the sky was clear outside the car window. Fort talked to him about unimportant work routines and occasionally made him curl his eyes shyly.

The destination was a large flower market. In his spare time, Peat would come here to take a stroll, buy some plants and flowers, and put them at home or in the store.

After getting out of the car, the two of them walked and strolled. Fort looked around and was a little dazzled. He looked at Peat with a look of helplessness, "My house is really empty. I want to buy a few pots of flowers and plants and move them back to raise them. Boss Peat, can you help me out?"

Although Peat had bought a lot before, he didn’t do much research. He was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to help Fort correctly, but he wanted to contribute to Fort. He struggled for a while and asked, "T-Then do you have any flowers you want to buy? Like do you want something pleasing to the eye? Or do you want something to purify the air?"

"Both are good. The pots on your balcony are not bad, how about we buy the same ones?"

Peat was a little embarrassed, "My house just has ordinary green radishes and flowers in hanging baskets. In fact, you can buy a few pots of ivy or clivia. Can I take you to the shop I often go to?"

“Okay.”

The shop that Peat often goes to was very complete with all kinds of flowers and plants. When the boss saw him coming over, he said hello and continued to do his own work. He took Fort around the shop a few times, and finally finalized a few pots of green plants that purify the air. And bought two pots of the elegant and pleasant bright white jasmine.

After ordering up the green plants, the two came out of the shop. A very large wooden shelf was placed in front of the shop, and the shelf was filled with pots of plump and round succulents.

Fort glanced at them and thought that it was cute. So he took Peat to squat down and study them together, "There are also many such plants in your shop." As he said it, he picked up a pot for studying it, "Is this kind called stone lotus?"

Peat thought for a while, "Umm. It can also be collectively referred to as the stone lotus. This plant is divided into many families and sometimes I can’t tell it apart. But this one actually has a name. It is called Pansy."                                                        

Fort stood up and took a closer look at it for a while, "Why?"

Peat leaned over his head a little bit, and pointed his fingers from the center to the outermost layer, "Because there are three colors from the inside to the outside. So it is called this name."

Fort nodded understandingly. He placed it back and picked up another pot, "What about this one?"

"This one is a winter beauty and it is relatively resistant to cold."

"What about this one?"

"This one is Yachiyo, and it quite dreads cold."

The two of them had their heads held really close to each other while studying the cute plants on the wooden shelf. Fort looked like a primary school student who was asking 100,000 whys. He was curious about all the pots. He picked up a pot of red and pink stone lotus looked at it for a while, and asked, "What’s the name of this one?"

Peat’s relaxed mood instantly became nervous because of this pot of plant. He clenched his hands into fists and moved slightly on his knees. Even after a few seconds, he didn’t say anything and his ears were already half red. Fort couldn’t wait anymore to get the answer. He turned his head and suddenly found his red ears.

He looked at the top of Peat’s head without saying anything. After a few minutes, Peat finally raised his head to meet Fort’s gentle eyes which were smiling and his eyes were full of expectation and curiosity.

Peat didn’t know what he was thinking. He looked at him for a few seconds, then suddenly took the initiative to kiss the tip of his nose, and then quickly lowered his head to look at the small pot of plant, "This one is called…"

"First love."

When they went back, Peat had an extra rectangular wooden box in his hand, with more than a dozen small and plump plants in it.

He always knew where Fort lived, but he never went near it. The moment the door was opened, he was suddenly in a daze, wondering if he had been dreaming in the past few months.

Standing outside the door blankly, Fort smiled and asked, "Are you not gonna come in?"

Peat hurriedly shook his head. Soon after he changed his shoes and walked in. The wooden floor, the wood-colored furniture, and extremely comfortable decoration and layout made people feel warm and livable.

Peat didn’t know whether he should sit or stand, so he allowed Fort to lead him to the sofa. He put the wooden box on the coffee table, looking a little ill at ease.

Fort let him sit casually, then went to the kitchen to pour a pot of water, and then took out two cups, "The house was renovated by my mother when she returned to Thailand a few years ago. I was too busy earlier and didn’t pay much attention to it. Yesterday, I suddenly felt that the house was a little empty."

Peat took the warm water and thanked him. He then said, "If there is anything that is still missing, I will accompany you to buy it."

Fort looked at him and thought for a while, "At this moment, there seems to be nothing missing."

Peat blushed a little because of his look. He hurriedly put the cup aside and stammered.

TBC