☁Chapter 13

FLASHBACK

Noeul clearly remembered that on that day Peat pulled him along to go to the school’s neighborhood to block those gangsters. Those gangsters were from another school and they were mad at Fort because of their school beauty having a crush on him. Fort was the most popular guy in their school. He was famous for stealing many girl’s hearts. He repeatedly refused that girl but she still relentlessly tried to pursue him. The boss of the gangster’s group liked the girl but she didn’t like him back. So when he got to know that she like Fort, he was pissed off by Fort.

When Peat happened to pass by that street, he heard their plans. Without even thinking much he ran back to the school anxiously and pulled Noeul to rush outside. Noeul while running out with a doughnut asked, "Good good, what are you doing? Why are you running?"

Peat pulled him to run without saying anything. So the two stood in the alley, where some seven or eight tall punks stood. Noeul swallowed the last bite of his doughnut and wiped his mouth with a sleeve. He asked, "What’s going on?"

Peat’s eyes showed a steady expression but his voice was small, "Beat them."

"What?"

Several tall gangsters looked at the two delicately looking high school students coming over to them and they asked, "What do you want?"

Peat calmly replied, "Fight."

"Huh?" That group of punks instantly burst into laughter, "Are you courting your death by overestimating your abilities? Why don’t you stay in a safe place like a weak chicken?"

Peat ignored them and said with a not-so-loud voice, "As long as you don’t go blocking Fort, I won’t beat you guys up."

"Fuck, who the hell are you?"

Peat thought about it and said, "Fort defender."

The head of the gang did not bother talking to him, "First we will beat up you guys, and then we will go block that stupid idiot Fort---"

Even before his words were finished, Peat had already swung his fist at the former, the head of the gang was instantly confused, he shook his head in disbelief, and then he called up his subordinates, "All of you  go beat them!"

Peat and Noeul had been training from their childhood itself. So it was not a difficult task for them to beat some gangsters. Since hearing the name 'Fort', Noeul knew that this matter was not something going to end well. So he immediately wanted the punks to run away fast since the ability of Peat was not something that the punks can beat.

But the punks were very brave, so they didn’t back off. Peat’s punches were powerful. Even though they were bleeding by the end of the fight, several punks had fallen on the ground even without being able to stand up.

Noeul’s face was swollen red. He looked at the punks lying on the ground and then saw the body of Peat’s whose emotions weren’t clear from his eyes as it was covered by his bangs. Blood could be seen in the corners of Peat’s mouth.

He took his schoolbag from the ground and patted it to remove the dust. He walked up to the gangster’s boss, "You should not try to find Fort. My family is in the line of martial arts. If it hurts, come find me. Noeul, let’s go."

Noeul followed him and looked at his straight back, the straight back showed strength and loneliness. That group of punks was not lightly beaten.

Peat’s father has always been strict and if you know him it can be estimated that this was softer than a lesson by him.

Noeul rubbed his red and swollen face and when he looked at Peat who was walking in front of him, he suddenly felt at that moment that Peat was a really romantic person. But although he was in love, he didn’t dare say that to Fort.

TBC