Welcome To Nevermore

"Enid! Come on it's time to go!" I shouted. "Coming!" Enid ran down the stairs, excited to go to Nevermore. I transformed into mom. "Maybe you'll wolf out there," I said mockingly. I changed back into myself and we began to laugh. No one in my family knew why I was a shapeshifter because my family were all werewolves. She put her bags into the trunk of the car and I waited for mom. "Y/N?" She asked. I hummed in response. "You're father and I want to tell you something," she said. I looked up at her and listened. "You're adopted. Your real mother is the headmistress. But, we'll need you to choose," she said. "Choose what...?" I asked. I was confused and tears formed in my eyes. "Which family you want," she said it as if was obvious. "Can't I choose both?" "No," her answer was plain. I began to cry and got in the car. "What's wrong sis?" Enid asked. "Nothing. Just nervous..." I muttered. "Oh. Ok then," she shrugged it off. We stepped out of the car when we got there. "Hi. I'm your headmistress. Larissa Weems," she smiled at us both. "Y/N and Enid Sinclair? Correct?" She smiled at us. I nodded. We were a week late so she knew it was us. "Alright. You girls have fun," mom called. "I'm not a Sinclair," I told her. She looked at me confused. "What?" She asked. Enid hadn't heard me. "Nothing," I shrugged. That was my mother. It just dawned on me that this was my mother I was talking to. The air became more tense. "Alright then. Let me show you y'all's dorms," she lead Enid to hers. Then led me back to her office. "There's something weird about you," she looked me directly in the eyes. "I am an outcast," I said with an attitude. "No it's not that," she said. "What's your power?" She's asked. I shapeshifted into her. She didn't say anything. I went back to my form. "There. That's my power," I said. She smiled at me. "Haven't had a shapeshifter here at Nevermore in quite some time," she told me. "There's something else about you though... I'll figure it out," she stood up and led me to my dorm. "You don't have a roommate, therefore you have this form to yourself," she said. I walked in. I had just met my mother and she didn't even know. Couldn't help but feel a little upset about that.