Epilogue - Merry Christmas

"Lot different from our day, huh pal?" Bucky asks Steve as they watch the hustle and bustle of New York on Christmas Eve.

"Yeah," He laughs trying to avoid being stampeded by everyone running around, desperately trying to get those last minute pieces together before the big day. "Can't believe we've been missing out on all this all these years." Bucky can't help but laugh at his sarcasm.

"Be worth it all this year. First Christmas as a family. How you feeling?"

"Like a fraud." Steve slumps his shoulders slightly, causing Bucky to grip him tightly. "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy too. Happier than I've ever been."

"But...."

"But I've missed so many. Tasha is just...amazing. And being with Belle is, well you know..." They both laugh. "I just want to make it extra special."

"Well pal, best place to start is the perfect gift. I know Belle has Tash sorted out. What you going to get Belle? You've put it off long enough."

"Why do you think I called you? I have a few ideas."

*****

"Tasha, you know the quicker you go to sleep, the quicker Santa will get here." You yell up to your five year old, after hearing her stomp around for the last 20 minutes.

"I'm waiting for Daddy to get home." Tasha yells back before appearing at the top of the stairs. "Also, I know Santa's not real Mummy, that was Uncle Thunder dressed up."

"Who told you that?" You stand open mouthed, trying to contain the anger that someone has ruined that moment from your daughter.

"Uncle Sam." She shrugs. "He said something about Uncle Thunder would have more convincing a few years ago."

"Well," You say through gritted teeth. "I'm going to have to have a word with your Uncle Sam." You start heading up towards your daughter. "However, Santa is real. He's just so busy this time of year, he asks people to dress up as him so he can get his list sorted." You watch as she tries to take in what you're saying. "That way he can focus on all the other stuff he has to do to make Christmas extra special."

As you lift her into your arms, tucking a little of her blonde hair behind her ear she wraps her arms around your neck. "So Santa asked Uncle Thunder to find out what I wished for?"

"He did. He trusts Uncle Thunder that much, and because he loves you so much, he agreed."

"So only he knows what I asked for?"

"He only told Santa." You smile but internally you slightly panic. Thor hadn't been forthcoming with what she'd asked for. You and Steve had hoped you knew your daughter enough to make the right decision.

"Good." She laughs before jumping from your arms into her bed. "When's daddy getting home?"

"Soon sweetheart," You hope, looking down at your watch. "He had to help Uncle Bucky on a secret Christmas surprise." Steve's words, you had no idea what they meant.

"I know what it is," She cheekily smiles. She was looking more and more like Steve everyday, and it just warmed your heart.

"Care to share?"

"Nope." That tone she'd learned from Bucky, especially the sly giggle that came afterwards; turning into huge laughs once you start tickling her.