"Yeah" Damon whispered, remembering his time in the stone, "Yeah, it does, well, I'm here, and it's real, I'm ready for my bro-hug, that would entail you unchaining me Mikaelson".

"Nope" Kol said, confusing Damon, "I will unchain you, but once I know for sure you're not still being effected by that stone, because the truth is, that stone, or hell as well call it, screws with you, but that is nothing compared to post-hell".

"Finally! I've been wondering this whole house but found no one, wait, what the hell are you two doing in the basement, that too alone?!".

Damon and Kol looked towards the basement entrance and saw Kai standing there.

Kol chuckled seeing the siphoner witch, "Look who finally decided to come back from his world tour".

"This is temporary, Aria called me and threatened me that if I don't come to Rebekah's baby shower then she was to hex me, and I didn't want to take that chance, so here I am" Kai said, "Although, in her invination, Aria didn't mention that Mystic Falls had gotten worse since I last saw it".

"What do you mean?" Damon asked, "You were here when we had to evacuate because of the scary heretics".

"Yeah, he's not talking about the evacuation, Damon" Kol said.

"So, what is he talking about?" a confused Damon asked, "I know you didn't manage to screw the whole town up all over again while I was on my weekend trip to limbo".

"You weren't gone for a weekend Damon, you were gone for weeks" Kol informed, "And in those weeks, Julian and his people have taken over Mystic Falls".

"Excuse me?!" a shocked Damon asked.

"You heard me" Kol replied.

"Hey, so is there any cupcakes here?" Kai asked, making Kol and Damon give him a unbelievable look, "What? I'm hungry".

***

Aria and Caroline stood on the border of Mystic Falls, with Aria looking down at her phone.

"Why are you staring at your phone?" Caroline asked her sister, as the sisters stood leaning against Caroline's car.

"It's weird Care, Damon hasn't texted me even once, I texted Kol and after much emotional blackmail, he finally revealed that Damon hasn't even asked about my whereabouts" Aria replied, "I'm getting really worried".

"I think Damon feels guilty for hurting you" Caroline said.

"Yeah but even then, Damon would want to know where I am, and if I'm safe or not" Aria said, "Something doesn't feel right".

"You're overthinking Aria" Caroline said, "Damon has just gotten out of hell, give him a few days and he'll be back to normal in no time".

"I hope so" Aria whispered.

"I know so" Caroline replied, nudging Aria's shoulder.

Aria gave her sister a small smile, but even if she tired to, she couldn't get rid of the pit in her stomach that told her that something bad was about to happen, but what Aria had no idea and that scared the crap out of her.