Chapter One

Depuis le début

Zayn wakes up to chubby fingers poking his cheek, he groans lowly, before slowly opening his eyes, to be met with a toothy grin, and bright, hazel eyes, "Baba!" Arabella cheers excitedly when she sees his eyes open. "Arabella!" Zayn cheers back, making her giggle, as he sits up "who let you out of bed?" Zayn asks curiously, as Arabella crawls into his lap. "Uncle Lou!" she cheers in response and Zayn shakes his head, because of course Louis would let her out, but he's grateful at least, Bella hasn't figured out how to climb out herself. "He did, did he?" Zayn asks and Bella nods, playing with Zayn's fingers idly, "where did Uncle Louis go after?" he asks, but he can hear banging in the kitchen and knows the answer already, "makin' pantakes. Told Bella to wake up Baba" Arabella says proudly and Zayn chuckles nodding his head. "You did wake me up, good job, baby" Zayn coos, wrapping his tattooed arms around her tiny frame, "I no see you yesterday" Arabella pouts, and Zayn nods slowly, "sorry baby girl, Baba, had to go to school, and then work, but did you have fun with Grandma, and Uncle Lou?" he asks. Bella appears to be thinking about it, before she nods "ya lots and lots" she decides and Zayn laughs, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Bells, did you wake him up?" Louis calls as he comes back towards the bedrooms, smiling when he sees Zayn, "you did, great job. No one is a better Baba waker upper than you" Louis cheers, and Arabella cheers as well, while Zayn rolls his eyes fondly at the pair.

It takes Louis and Arabella fifteen minutes to get Zayn out of bed, it's not that he's lazy but it's been so long since he was able to actually sleep in, he would do anything for an extra fifteen minutes of sleep. Once in the kitchen Zayn arches an eyebrow at Louis as he takes in the mess he made making them all breakfast, "I'll clean it up, Zee. Don't worry" Louis reassures him, as they sit down at the table and Louis brings everyone a plate, Arabella's already cut into bite size pieces. "You got in late last night" Louis mumbles, just as Zayn takes a bite of the pancakes, he nods slowly, as he chews and swallows, "yeah. Two birthday parties, made for extra clean up. It took forever" Zayn grumbles. Louis nods in understanding, and both men look to Arabella who is humming happily as she eats, getting syrup all over herself and the table. Zayn finishes his breakfast first, and disappears towards the bathroom, when he returns, he's carrying a wet washcloth to clean his daughter up with. Zayn shakes his head as he reenters the kitchen to see Bella feeding the last of her breakfast to Louis, bite by bite, Louis notices him first and grins up at him as she does. Zayn sighs, and walks across the room, gently taking the fork out of Arabella's hand, "all done, princess?" he asks, Bella makes a face but nods at him, before Zayn starts wiping the syrup from her face and hands. Once he's done Arabella looks up at him with wide eyes, "I go play Baba?" she asks and he chuckles, nodding his head "go on" he laughs, before she dives out of her chair, and runs out of the room. 

Zayn watches his daughter go, before shaking his head and gathering up the dishes and carrying them towards the sink, Louis stops him before he can flick on the water, "I told you I'd clean up, Zayn. I meant it. You only get one day off a week, go spend some time with your daughter" he scolds. Zayn bites his lip, before he nods and lets Louis take the plates out of his hands, and follows the path Arabella took a few minutes before. When Zayn finds her, she's laying on the floor with a colouring book open, and crayons spread out around her, he smiles fondly before sitting on the floor beside her. Bella looks up at Zayn, "I has to get ready?" she asks quietly, but Zayn shakes his head. "Not today, Boo. Baba doesn't have school, or work today, so it's me and you, all day" Zayn says, reaching for a blue crayon, and carefully colouring one of the few spots on the paper that's still white. Bella smiles widely, and sits up on her knees to press a sloppy kiss to Zayn's cheek, "we go, park, Baba?" she asks, hopefully. Zayn chuckles as she pushes her bottom lip out in a pout, and widens her eyes in an expression Louis had to have taught her. Zayn nods his head, "we can go to the park, if you want. You want Uncle Louis to come too?" he asks, Arabella bites her lip, a habit she got from him, as she thinks, before she nods "yes" she decides and Zayn nods again. "Why don't you go ask him? Then we can get dressed" Zayn asks, the two year old pretends to stroke a beard as she thinks about it, before scrambling to her feet, and running clumsily from the room calling Louis' name. Zayn sighs and begins picking up all the crayons before heading down the hallway to get himself ready, before he worries about Arabella.