Insane in the membrane

Start from the beginning

Will glanced over at the man incredulously as if appaled by the gaul of the man sitting down "Whose profile are you working on? Whose profile is he working on?"

"I'm sorry, Will. Observing is what we do. I can't shut mine off any more than you can shut yours off" Hannibal says his professinal tone lacing his words as if used as a sheild.

"Please, don't psychoanalyze me. You won't like me when I'm psychoanalyzed" Will says an upset and anxious smile appearing on his lips his movements jerky.

"Will" you say softly placing a hand on his arm, you were worried, you were so fucking worried.

He looks at you before looking at the ground letting out a soft breath "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go give a lecture on psychoanalyzing" he says almost dramatically and gave you a good luck pat on your shoulder as he walks out.

"Maybe we shouldn't poke him like that, Doctor. Perhaps a less, uh, direct approach" Jack says heasiantly at the awkard situation that hust occured.

"What he has is pure empathy. He can assume your point of view, or mine, and maybe some other points of view that scare him. It's an uncomfortable gift, Jack" Hannibal reasons making you sink into your seat hoping he didn't psychoanalyze you anytime soon.

You'd rather not have anyone else tell you your issues. You were familiar with them quite well and you're afraid you'd push yourself off a ledge before you go through that again. You could already tell how much he was holding back as he gazed at you.

"Yeah but was there a need to basically back him into a corner" you finally speak and and Hannibal couldn't help but notice it was to..defend Will...perhaps his plan can change to accommodate you as well...as if he wasn't going to have both of you anyways.

"Perception's a tool that's pointed on both ends. This cannibal you have him getting to know, I think I can help good Will see his face" He says.

The words sink into your skin and into your bones. They seem to get cold and ache. This was too much all at once. Never once have you questioned Will or how he thinks, you'd rather not poke him like that. Still it felt like an invasion of privacy hearing what Hannibal has to say about Wills mental.

"Alright now what we came here to dicuss" Jack starts as you sink lower into your cushion.

------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/n)" Hannibal says from behind you making you pause and turn.

"Hannibal" you say with a careful smile on your face.

You were older now, with a fuck lot of years of therapy. A therapist you couldn't speak to about your job. About the crawling sensation of why paranoia creeps down your back pushing itself into your skull. They were skilled murderers now. Not just the young people with urges no...people...with..years of practice.

'And here I thought you would be happy' it teased making you uncomfortably frown.

"Whats on your mind Ms. (Ln)" Hannibal said.

"I thought we agreed to not use last names" you say trying to calm your nerves down.

"Yes I would have if you didn't use my last name in the conference" he says stepping closer to you.

"Only because we were in a professional setting, not anymore" you say.

"So what caused your increase in paranoia, I know you've experienced trust issues in the past but the increase of paranoia is a tad worrying" he said.

You gulped "What did Will say about being psychoanalyzed because I appreciate it as much as he does"

Why were you so clammy? Well after your life went up in shambles you realized you didn't known anything anymore. You didn't know what to expect you didn't know what to do....especially with that...incident in college. You couldn't trust your mind anymore after...