chapter eighty one

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so it's a family thing?"

"Not everything. I love snowboarding but my mom hates it and my dad gets tired."

"When did you get into cycling?"

"At first, it was just supposed to help me clear my head and then I just saw pretty stuff I wanted to take pictures of so I started doing it more. Taking pictures is still my favorite thing to do. I especially love taking pictures at night. Some people said it's hard to do, but I learned how to do it properly so it's fine for me. I also like cooking. Baking is fine, but if I wasn't so nice, I'd definitely charge Jisung and Haechan. What?" Jaemin asks when seeing the way Jeno is smiling at him.

"Nothing. You're just cute when you talk."

Heat rushes to Jaemins cheeks, not really affecting his already slightly rosy face. "You guys like making me blush, don't you?"

"It's not our fault you get even more adorable when you're embarrassed."

Jaemin looks away, trying not to let Jeno see the smile on his face. Jeno sees it anyway, but doesn't comment, satisfied with the boys reaction.

Jaemin looks back at him after a moment. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You can ask me anything."

"When did you realize you liked me?"

"I don't know, actually. I think I've just been liking you more and more all this time. Remember that Halloween party?"

"So that wasn't because I was wearing tiny skin-tight shorts?"

Jeno narrows his eyes. "What are you trying to make me think of, Princess?"

"Nothing, Princess."

"Seriously though, I think I liked you then. Yeah", Jeno nods, "I'm pretty sure that's why I was being weird. And I'm also not going to pretend you're not attractive as hell."

"Oh", Jaemin says in understanding.

"When did you realize you liked me?"

"It actually didn't resonate with me until I got mad at the nickname. Or lack thereof. It's a stupid thing to be upset about, but I was upset. I would've cried if you stopped calling me that and kept calling Haechan and Mark by nicknames."

"Well, I get it. I was gonna lose my mind when you kept calling me Jeno."

Jaemin giggles. "Sorry about that. I felt like getting revenge."

"Very effective." It goes quiet as the two just continue to skate around, tightly holding holds. "I have a question about this date of ours you have planned."

"I'm not telling you what it is."

"I figured. Is whatever you have planned a spring activity?"

"There are a few different components to the date and basically all of them are best for warmer weather. Well, okay, one of them doesn't matter, but it's kinda like the least important."

"How long have you been thinking of this?"

"A while. I know it's not special all the time but, for us, I want our first date to be special. And basically, once I get an idea into my head, it doesn't leave. I spent three years waiting to take Jisung to an amusement park and I didn't let him pay for any of it."