Chapter 26- The End of the Beginning

It had been a while since you and the others had entered the human realm. It was strange and different, and you couldn't quite grasp all the new concepts of life.

Like rain- it didn't burn you! And there was this thing called TV, which was absolutely bizarre.

And then there were the birds.

The first time you had seen a raven, you didn't even think twice about it being Corvus.

Their eyes were too beady and didn't caw as Corvus did.

It had, nevertheless, been difficult for you- the memory of your loss giving you an achy heart.

Everyone's hair seemed to be getting out of hand, but thankfully Willow had been able to give you haircuts.

You had been disappointed after Hunter had made the decision to rid himself of the mullet he had growing; despite how ridiculous it was, you thought it was kind of cute?

As well as new hair and new styles, you had all began to learn a new language- Spanish.

It was an elegant language that you quite enjoyed, despite not being perfect at it.

One day you came down to the basement where the boys had been sleeping, whilst the other were elsewhere.

You found Hunter sitting at a desk, busy working at repairing an old jumper. You could see it wasn't going well, but didn't want to diminish his moral.

"Hi!" he said, stopping and looking up at you, a broad smile on his face.

"Hey, how you doin'?" you asked, coming round behind him and wrapping your arms round his neck in a hug-from-behind.

He twisted his head round and planted a small kiss on your cheek. "I'm good. You seem tired again, have you still been struggling with sleep?"

Your mouth dipped down and you let out a long sigh, pulling a chair up next to Hunter.

"I have. It's so weird, like, I'm tired, and I should be falling asleep- but when I try to my brain just doesn't switch off," you explained.

It had been this way for months, and was beginning to show in dark circles under your eyes and when you'd drift away into a daydream of nothingness.

Hunter put his hand on yours comfortingly, stroking it gently. "Do you think it's because you miss the Boiling Isles?"

"Probably," you shrugged. "But... I just can't shake the feeling that something's not right. Aside from all the things that I know are not right- like alarm clocks and cars... I mean something else."

Hunter sighed, letting you rest your head on his shoulder. He massaged your arm gently. "Whatever happens, I promise I'll be there for you. We'll figure this whole thing out together."

You smiled softly. "Thank you, Hunter."

The End

Hello everyone!

I didn't want it to come to this, but I really have no motivation to continue this story.

I think here is a nice place to finish, though- right? Let your mind wander and think up your own continuation.

But here's my ending. You and Hunter will figure it out together.

Lots of love, Marvellous <3