Chapter 24- Alas, Fear

Belos had sent search parties looking for Hunter. 

Hunter must have found out what's going on, and ran away.

And not a single person had any idea where he was.

But one man had a hunch.

You were digging frantically through Hunter's room, when you felt the sensation of being watched.

You turned around, magic stirring.

Darius, the head witch of the Abomination Coven, stood in the doorway.

"Do you know what happened to him?" He asked, inspecting you with narrowed eyes.

"Maybe," you replied, setting aside the book in your hand.

He looked down either side of the corridor, before stepping into the room.

"I know what Belos is really doing. And I want to stop him," Darius whispered. "The Golden Guard might be of help."

"Do you know where he could've gone?" You pleaded.

He furrowed his brow. "He made an appearance at Hexside. Check there. I'm sure he's scared and alone. When you find him, let me know, and you can help us stop Belos."

Your eyes widened. 

"Really? You're betraying him?"

"I know who you are, I heard him talking about it," he sighed, before a smile smile crept onto his lips. "He can't kill you, you know that, right?"

"What?" You said, looking up at him.

"You're made of all the bad he's done, all the things he did to get where he is now. He can't kill you because his actions, you, are solid; stuck in the past. He can hurt you as much as he likes but you'll never die by his hand." Darius explained.

"Wow,"

"Now, you better find your friend," he finished, patting your shoulder.

"Thank you, sir."

He smiled and walked away, leaving you to process what you had been told.

You hoisted yourself through the school window in the pitch black# the dead of night. 

The only people in the school were the janitors, so it was easy to slip past them.

"Hunter! Hunter? You there?" You hissed, looking in empty lockers, possible hiding spots, and vents. 

"Y/n...?" A voice gasped.

You spun around, not bothering to wield any weapon as you immediately recognised his voice.

A smile spread across your face and you threw your arms out in greeting.

Instead of embracing you, he just shuffled awkwardly, giving you tiny looks. 

"Hunter, if this is about last time we talked, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me, if I-"

He finally pulled you towards him, a tear escaping his eye.

He hugged you tight, scared to let go.

"I'm sorry I didn't try find you, I was just so scared,"

"I know what's going on, I know who I am- who you are."

He pulled away, his eyes welled with tears.

"Yeah?" He murmured.

You nodded. "Yeah,"

"Can we go, elsewhere?" He said.

You let him take you to where he was hiding.

It was cramped and cosy, and in the dim lights you took in his dishevelled appearance and prominent lack of sleep.

"Do you feel any better?" He asked you.

"I'm still sad, but I've figured out how me and Corvus had such a connection," 

"And that is..?"

"He exists of all the bad deeds Belos did when he was, well, human. And I am what came afterwords. He is the evil of Edward, I am the evil of Belos. It's why we found each other," you  said.

Hunter sat down next to you, wrapping an arm round you and pulling you close to him.

"It's so crazy," he remarked, letting his body relax at your touch.

"And scary,"

"Definitely scary,"

"But we have each other now, right?" You said. "And I promise I was leave you again." 

He ran his hand through your hair. "I promise too,"

This was a majorly short chapter because I didn't want to do too much without knowing what's going to happen in the next couple of episodes of season 2b... so this is just a reunion, for now.

Please check out my new fanfic and don't forget to vote! 

Love you guys <3