Chapter 4- The Promise

TW: Claustrophobia! I'm not sure whether y'all get triggered by the mention or description of it, but I sure do. So here's a wee heads up! <3

You returned to your room beaming, despite dislocating your shoulder and Hunter having to shove the bone back into the correct place, you were excited!

You were going to Grom! 

Sure, it was a mission to investigate the goings on with the human, but it was still an opportunity to act like a normal kid!

And you couldn't say no to that!

You swung open your closet, depositing your mask and cloak inside.

Corvus flew out the window, obviously hungry and in search of a snack.

You changed into the fanciest clothing you had ever worn- the only fancy clothing you had ever worn, for that matter!

You wore a jet black shirt with beautiful golden embellishments, and black trousers to match- minus the gold.

Then you slipped into new boots, following the style with black leather and gold laces.

You grinned, slipping on some fingerless black gloves to finish the look.

You stood proud in front of the mirror, doing action poses.

You let the magic pour from your hands, circling you like strands of a hurricane.

You looked EPIC.

There came a knock at the door.

"Come in!" you said merrily, moving away from the mirror.

The door swung open and in strode Hunter, wearing a crisp white shirt and golden tie.

You were like the angel and devil, except you definitely needed to switch roles.

He frowned.

"Why aren't you wearing your tie? I mean its ok if you don't wanna be matching... I just thought maybe..." he began.

You laughed awkwardly. "I do want to match, I just don't know how to put on a tie!"

He walked over to your closet and retrieved the golden tie.

He stood you in front of the mirror, with him standing behind you.

"Here- watch." he said.

He leant over you, pulling up your collar to wrap the tie around.

He showed you how to wrap it around, then fold up and in on itself, and then how to adjust the tightness round the neck.

You flinched when his fingers accidentally brushed against you neck.

He blushed, backing away.

"T-thanks." you said, staring at the complicated knot.

"Um, yeah. Let's go, don't wanna be late."

You nodded and followed him.

The school was bustling with people.

They were swarming into the main hall, where the party was.

You followed Hunter into the crowd.

It got loud.

So many voices all talking, music blaring, feet smacking against the floor.

And busy.

You lost Hunter, and found yourself being shoved about, squished against one moving person to another.

Your breathing became quicker.

This was horrible.

You tried shoving your way through the horde, but it never seemed to end.

You tried to find your words, but couldn't.

You stopped dead, your breathing shaky.

Fighting back tears, you crumpled to the ground against a wall, people paying no heed as they continued to file into the hall.

You sat, holding your knees to your chest, your face buried in them.

The tears came, gently rolling down your cheeks.

You had never experience this before, and it was the worst.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop-!" 

You felt a warm hand on your shoulder, and you raised your tearstained face slowly.

Hunter stared down at you with worry.

People were still brushing past you.

"Hey- y/n? Are you ok?" he said softly, scanning your face.

"N-no... the noise, the people. I lost you! It felt like being drowned... I couldn't breath...!" you stammered, looking at him.

He pried your hand from your leg, and took it in his gently.

"You won't lose me again, ok?" he said, helping you to your feet.

You rubbed your bleary eyes, still looking at him.

You wrapped your arms round him and pulled him into a tight hug.

He exchanged the hug, blushing.

"Promise you won't leave me?" you said, releasing the hug.

He nodded. "I promise."

Holding your hand tightly, he led you through the corridor to the main hall.

He took you over to the refreshments, and you poured yourself a cup.

You chugged it in one go, and found him staring at you in surprise.

"Thirsty, huh?" he remarked.

You smirked, your dirty mind changing the meaning. (Mine certainly did)

"Yeah." 

"I didn't think I'd actually enjoy working with you." he admitted, staring off into the distance.

You sighed. "I'm really, really hard not to like."

"Mhm. So what about me? I know there are rumours." he said.

"I'm unlucky, of course I'm not in the know. Anyway, I aspired to you! I always wanted to be as important as you, now, I almost am." you smiled.

"Is that a compliment?" he laughed.

"Yep! I mean, why wouldn't I be friends with someone who knows how to relocate my shoulder? Its fantastic!" you giggled.

He punched your shoulder gently.

You returned the gesture, only you missed and you fell onto the table, spilling the punch.

Before it could smash on the ground, your hand flicked up and caught it.

Telekinetically putting the liquid back, you sighed with relief.

"Phewf! That was close!" you chuckled.

"Titan, I'm gonna need to keep my promise! One wrong move and you'll be breaking bones and bruising yourself!" 

You laughed again, throwing one arm over his shoulder.

"Aye, and if ya break it, you'll have a very jelly like me to face!" you giggled.

He smiled, gently putting his arm round your waist.

You went red, and looked away.

He laughed awkwardly, and you looked back to see him the same shade.

Leaning your head on his shoulder you said, "Now, what's all this deal with fighting a monster at a school disco?"

Hi! Thanks for reading! Updates on this fic are slow because I am working on an unpublished FNAF fic! 

Hope ur doing ok <3 

SMACK a follow if you wanna see more of my shit! means legit the world to me!! :P

byeee!!!!