Chapter 19- Redemption; Act 1

"Why do you look so forlorn, dear?" Heather asked, not even looking up from the text she was reading.

The library had been put back in order, the blame put on some beast that tore through it. The people who had been in the library couldn't detest it as they hadn't seen what made the shelves fall.

You sat in a comfy green chair, your legs curled up whilst you sipped dully on a mug of cocoa.

You looked up at the remark. "Oh, nothing. A few things happened; that's all." 

She looked up too, raising an eyebrow.

"All right then," she sighed. "How did the mission go?"

"Disastrous, Heather. I had to use my magic, and now the Golden Guard probably doesn't trust me," you said.

She deftly turned the yellow pages of the book she was reading on the Titan. 

"I see. You're quite close with him- aren't you?"

"Yeah, he's the only person I can actually spend time with. Oh, aside from you, of course." you replied.

"But it's different age-wise, isn't it dear," Heather said, reading the page with focus. "You can't afford to lose him, because you fear you'll lose yourself."

You opened your mouth, then shut it. How did she know so much about everything?

"So, what are you going to do about it?" she asked, staring at you with soft grey eyes.

You straightened up in your seat, thinking for a moment, brow furrowed.

"I'm going to get Titan's blood- that's what I'll do. It's what the Emperor needs, and if I say the Golden Guard retrieved it, he's bound to let us go on missions again," you said, nodding slowly as the plan formed in your head.

Heather smiled, "If that's what you believe will benefit you, I wish you luck dear."

You set the empty mug aside, and you stood up and brushed yourself off.

"Thank you, Heather."

You crouched behind a bush, fumbling with the clasp of your scout uniform; your disguise.

Corvus was perched on a low branch next to you, watching the crowd of scouts and leaders outside the mines.

He squawked at them, and you quickly grabbed his beak, widening your eyes as to say 'make a sound and I'll have to bury you 10 feet in the snow'. 

He hushed, hopping down onto your shoulder.

As you watched the crowd, you heard a rustle not too far away.

You looked around frantically, trying to locate the noise.

"Hunter!?" "y/n!?" You said each other's names in unison.

He was crouched behind a tree, a small red bird by him; who you recognised as one of the Palismen.

You crawled over to him.

"What are you doing here?" you both said at the same time, once again. 

"I'm here to get Titan's blood," you said.

His eyes widened. "Me too."

"I wanted to so maybe Belos would let us go on missions again... and maybe... we could be ok again...?" you whispered, looking down at your gloved hands.

"Y-yeah? That's sort of why I'm here too." he replied, taking your hand unsurely.

You looked at each other for a long moment.