I nodded, not bothering to explain deeper. Thankfully, the teacher ordered us both to stay quiet. Jungkook had no choice but to leave me alone. Thanks to that, I managed to avoid him during the remaining fifteen minutes, which meant I only had to leave as fast as possible at the end of the class.

Since the weather was particularly cold at this time of the year, all of the students would eat inside the building, meaning the canteen would be cramped and noisy. So, when lunchtime arrived, I rushed to the art club room.

As I closed the door behind me, a sigh of relief escaped my mouth. I sat in the room, alone, at ease. The soothing sound of the wind hitting against the windows brought me peace, and so did the delicious food my mother had cooked for my sisters and I.

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

Back to the crappy ambience an hour later as the whole school waited for the council members to make an apparently exciting announcement. I couldn't bear the loud noise of students talking, laughing, and yelling all around the gymnasium. Nonetheless, Hoseok arrived seconds later, followed closely by Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung. It was only when Namjoon made his entrance that the students paid attention to the stage.

As he placed himself behind the microphone stand, the gymnasium fell silent. The five boys were lined up, waiting for the president to start.

Eventually, he did. He started by congratulating those who had passed the national exam successfully, and then he addressed a motivational speech to those who weren't as lucky as him.

"Now that the end of the year is approaching, we can finally catch a break." He announced, cheered by the audience. "Except for us, third years. Obviously." Indeed, the seniors had to apply for college. Most of them couldn't help but chuckle at the comment. "However, we're lucky Suneung is behind us."

Come on, just spill it already!

The end of the year is approaching, blablabla, the sunny days as well, blablabla. "We can finally focus on the school's festival!"

Round of applause.

"Thanks to the class representatives and my fellow council members, we managed to release enough funds so that each class can plan one or two activities with suitable and proper equipment."

Again, cheers and applause. Can't they just let him speak?  Still, I had to admit it was good news. I heard that some classes couldn't afford  to have their own stall at the last festival. Thank God we were lucky enough this year, which meant we could think of fun activities.

"Your class representatives will tell you more about it later. If you have any question, you may ask them."

After a few more words, the meeting was finally over. All I could think of was going home, but there were three more hours left before the end of the day.

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

"Y/n, you stop right there!"

I froze, preparing myself to confront those who were obviously worried about my rude behavior. As soon as I met Miria's furrowed brows and Jieun nibbling on her bottom lip while avoiding eye contact, I felt like the biggest asshole on earth. What a shitty friend I am, I thought. All the frustration built up inside of me had vanished in a matter of seconds as I smiled shyly, horribly embarrassed.

Miya, who seemed rather angry, approached me first. "Sulky much?"

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry?"

She mimicked my actions. "What's wrong with you? Did something happen?" She asked with a soft voice as all sign of annoyance she had shown suddenly vanished.

"I'm sorry." I admitted, feeling vulnerable. "I needed to be alone."

"You could've said it." she spat "Instead of ignoring us."

I nodded, looking at my feet out of shame. Then it was Jieun's turn to speak, repeating Miya's unanswered question. At this point, the best I could do was to speak. So, I spoke. And they listened, causing to feel worse regarding my behavior. Miria and Jieun were great friends, and they understood why I needed some alone time. Of course they would, I was just too self-centered to realize.

Following our conversation (which was more of a monologue, but whatever), the girls had to attend their club. I, on the other hand, went straight home.

Around seven o'clock, while I was watching TV with my mother, I received a text from Jungkook. A worried–and frustrated–Jungkook if I may add.

Jungkook: are you home?

Me: yes

Jungkook: what's going on?

Me: sorry for today, I was not
in the mood

Jungkook: something happened?

Me: no, I was just not in the mood
It had nothing to do with you
I promise

Jungkook: alright
Can I call you?

Me: where are you?

Jungkook: walking home

Immediately, I rose from the couch, emitting a light groan due to the laziness. After spending a day talking to myself, I wasn't against talking to someone. Especially him.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked, eyeing me from head to toe

"To my room. I'll be on the phone."

"With whom?"

I refrained from rolling my eyes. "What a nosy woman you are, Mom."

"I'm just curious. I'm sure it's a boy."

I frowned. "Why would it be a boy?"

"You just stood up out of nowhere, leaving your poor mother alone without a word!" she cried in such a dramatic matter I had to laugh "I hope for your own sake that it's Jungkook."

"Oh wow, you deserve an Oscar, like right now!"

"Is it him?"

"It is him, but it's not what you think."

"And what do I think?"

It was my turn to roll eyes as I folded my arms over my chest, not liking where this conversation was going. "You think I'm in love with him! Whatever. I'm leaving." With that being said, I quickly walked away

I still could notice the corner of her mouth quirking up, she seemed so proud of herself. "I might be right. I think I am–no, I know I am. Are you dating him?" She yelled as I was already climbing the stairs. However, she did not seem to care as she kept shouting. "Y/n, secrets are forbidden in this household!"

I only got peace when I slammed the door, finally alone in my room. With a heavy sigh, I jumped on my bed. No freaking way I would admit anything to my mother. She was way too nosy.

Before I could overthink any further, my phone started to vibrate in my hand. I glanced at the screen, noticing an incoming call from Jungkook. I smiled to myself, wasting no time to pick up the call.

"Hey." I said, not bothering to hide my enthusiasm

With a smooth and rocky voice, he responded with the same energy. "Hey, missed me?"

And again, I smiled to myself. Only this time, my heart was beating fast.

Well, maybe Mom's right.

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』