Finally they heard the first firework in the sky, causing all of them to look up at the dark sky. Bright fireworks began firing in the sky as they watched, comfortable silence filling between them. Atsushi laid his head on his lover's shoulder as he stared at the fireworks with wide eyes.

"This is my second time seeing fireworks" he whispered softly, awed. Akutagawa didn't respond but quietly squeezed the other's hand, understanding his feelings. The executive did see the fireworks multiple times, but this was his first time seeing them with his lover and his sister at the exact same time.

"I would like to go out as beautifully as these fireworks" Dazai said, smiling at his own statement. Odasaku looked at him, stunned, but didn't reply to his statement. Chuuya replied with "I hope you don't" which slightly confused Dazai since he wasn't sure if he meant that as an insult or as the ginger wanting the said one to stay alive.

"Y'know, some people said that if you make a wish while there's fireworks, it'll come true" Tanizaki rolled his eyes at his lover's statement, not believing a single word coming out from his mouth.

"It's probably just some myth or something" the female doctor slightly frowned. However, Tachihara's statement made Kenji hopeful and happy so she kept silent. Kouyou chuckled gracefully as Yosano leaned against her arm.

"Imagine if it's true though" Naomi piped up. Her brother sighed, not being able to believe that his own sister had fallen for that. "It's not true, Naomi…"

"Yeah, but imagine"

Atsushi, who had been overhearing their conversation, decided that it wouldn't hurt to test that myth out. He closed his eyes tightly as he wondered what to wish for. He nearly got everything he had ever wanted to far. A home, food, water, money, friends and even a lover. He thought for a few seconds before finally mumbling his wish. Akutagawa didn't hear his wish as he heard only gibberish and thought that the other was sleep talking.

Dazai noticed his subordinate's closed eyes and grinned, knowing that the white-haired male was testing out that myth out. He looked at the fireworks brightening the sky before thinking about that myth. Well, why not?

He closed his eyes to make a wish silently too. Then he felt somebody's elbow digging hard into his side and opened his eyes immediately to find the ginger looking at him. "Okay?"

"Mhm"

"Happy New Year everyone!" Ranpo grinned.

Fyodor, Nikolai, and Sigma watched the fireworks from Fyodor's house. Nikolai marvelled at the bright and colorful lights with Sigma standing beside him with a grin on his face, whilst Fyodor was sitting down at the table, reading a book.

"Dos-kun! Put that book down and watch the fireworkss!!"

Fyodor slightly raised his eyebrows before putting his book down and walking to where the pair was to watch the fireworks together.

"What do you think will take place this year?" Sigma asked, not looking at any of them. Nikolai shrugged while Fyodor was silent, staring at the sky. After a few seconds he finally replied. "Who knows? Life is confusing. We're just here to live"

"Never more truthful words have I ever heard" Nikolai said, grinning while Sigma looked at him questionably. "Is 'more truthful' even a phrase?"

"Like I said, who knows?" Fyodor replied with a sly grin.

"Being blind sucks"

Suehiro looked at his lover who's just sitting down with a pout and complaining about his sight.

"People be like 'oh fireworks are the most amazing thing every' and blah blah blah but I can't even see a single damn thing! All I can do is to just hear the fireworks without actually seeing them!"

Suehiro gently rubbed the back of his lover's hand to comfort him. Finally Jouno calmed down and leaned against Suehiro, mumbling "it isn't fair". Suehiro responded with "nothing is ever fair" to which the other replied "so true"

Suehiro watched the bright fireworks while Jouno sat beside him, hearing the sounds of the fireworks being released and set into the sky.

"Happy New Year, Jouno" Suehiro said quietly. The said one replied back in the same tone. "Happy New Year, Tetchou"

Ideas:

A/N: If you're wondering why on earth is Odasaku alive in this oneshot but not the Christmas oneshot, I was sleep deprived during that time and it's too late to try and change everything :')