Little Birthday Surprises

Being presented with a cake on entering your room after a long day might just mean that you've won at having the best buddies you could ever have in life. But I'm sure that even you wouldn't like it when the rest of your room is devoid of anything and said cake would have a knife embedded in it letting a strange blood-like substance ooze out of it.

And you might as well be very very mad to know that you alone would have to spend hours cleaning the blood-like fluid that has dripped onto your floor in quite a large amount, may I add as your enthusiastic friends will have no role in helping you remove it.

It would be fun, they said. They lied.

Yes, life with supernatural friends isn't so normal, who could have guessed?

It all happened one faithful night. By the time, I got back to my room, it was already quite late.

All I had in my mind was how quickly I could go to bed and sleep till noon the next day. It had been a tiring day, after all. With all the assignments and the fest, I had barely had time to do the one thing that was so essential to my existence.

But turning the knob, the experience I had, could not be any farther from my plans.

My room seemed to be quite vacant if not for the strange objects lying in the centre. I couldn't even begin to understand who would have done it and why. But I suppose that's the “charm” of undead creatures.

The cake was a dark goop of something that appeared almost appetizing from a distance but the closer you got, the stranger seemed.

And I wasn't even going to ask about the blood.

“My good kin! You've come at last! And how very good it is to have you see our gifts.”

The voice made me jump in fright only to realise it was a little note that had been left behind for me to read, or in this case, listen to.

“Many happy returns of the day! I knew you would make it this far. We have planned many little birthday surprises for you, our mortal friend. I'm afraid, however, as we had to take a few of your belongings as you may or may not know.”

The room was indeed very empty with no bed, table, lamp or anything in sight.
'A little bit of belongings' indeed.

“If you want to find them, you got to work your muscles and wheel that brain. Do enjoy our little treat. Hope to see ya later, Toodles!”
-Glad, the Vampyr and co.

There was a picture below it of Glad with the Witch of North, the Dreamland Fairies and some others.

A groan turned to a sigh.

It could only get worse from here.

Happy birthday to me.