The Kingdom of Marley is the strongest kingdom around the globe, also overpowering the other kingdoms around their continent. Their country is known for advanced army weapons and strong warriors. Marley is also a fluorishing continent, just like Eldia.

King Willy Tybur is the current king of Marley, he's a great ruler who cares for his people and their kingdom. He was still a crown prince when Emperor Smith became the new emperor of the Eldian empire. The Tybur family has always been the royal family ruling the Kingdom of Marley.

Marley and Eldia were in a war during Emperor Fritz and the previous king of Marley's ruling of Eldia and Marley. The war was only to prove who is stronger and more powerful, and it was started by emperor Fritz. Five years after emperor Fritz was ousted from his throne, Erwin traveled to Marley to offer a peace treaty with the kingdom of Marley.

During that time, the king of Marley was suffering from a sickness, before Erwin could meet the previous king, his majesty had already died. Because of this, Willy Tybur, the eldest child and only son of the previous king ascended to the throne. Erwin was there when King Willy was crowned, and the peace treaty he was hoping to agree on with the previous king was accepted by the new king of Marley, King Willy Tybur.

King Willy didn't want any more war, he got sick of bloodshed, killings and violence.

That's why he accepted Emperor Smith's peace treaty.

Since then, Marley and Eldia were on peaceful terms.

But not until...

An incident caused another conflict between the two powerful countries.

--

Year 843

"Unknown group of criminals crossed the border, and killed the order of the knights who were guarding Marley's part in the border, your majesty. Because of this incident, King Willy Tybur was furious and accused us of breaking the peace treaty between our countries and waging war against them. King Willy had said that his kingdom is ready to strike back if we're really entering a war with their kingdom and people..."

Erwin shut his eyes, he brought his hand over his face and pinched the bridge of his nose. The emperor is in so much distress because of the incident that happened on the border last week. "Were Marley able to track down the criminals?" Erwin asked.

His royal knight and right-hand-man, sir Levi Ackerman, shook his head.

"Not yet, and because of that, the Marleyans are uneasy, knowing that a group of Eldian bandits are roaming around their kingdom. Our intel reported that the people of Marley are starting to build hatred for the Eldian empire. The situation could get even worse."

The emperor let out a heavy sigh. He leaned back on his seat, tapping his fingers onto the armrest of his chair.

"How come the knights guarding our part of the border were easily killed? Aren't they under your orders?" Sir Levi roamed his eyes around, making sure that no one else was around the throne room. "Is there something else, sir Levi?"

Emperor Smith stared at Levi with a serious face.

"Your majesty..."

Sir Levi kneeled down, staring down and a slight hint of guilt and regret was evident on his face. "While it is true that the knights guarding the border were under my orders, I wasn't able to keep an eye on them because of the left and right duties I have on my hands. I did a self-investigation three days ago...I hate to break it to you, your majesty...but it seems that someone is trying to cause a war between our empire and Marley's kingdom." Erwin's brows furrowed into confusion.