"I think dances are wonderful," Remus told a group of people who was standing around him. It pained him to say it, but Aveline had begged him to help her, so here he was. "I might even dance at the dance."

The group around him seemed encouraged, grabbing the flyers and nodding their heads. A few girls tried to send him winks, though he didn't do much in response, just stared at him.

"What will you be wearing Aveline?" a fourth year girl asked, as a whole group of them were following her down the hall.

"Maybe something pink it is the season for that color," she told them, and one of the girls literally started writing it down in her notebook.

All Lily Evans could do was gap in pure delight over everyone running around with their flyers in their hands. There was a much needed buzz in the air, the students finally having something exciting to talk about rather then the dreadful news

Especially as she watched James Potter, walking around and chatting up everyone he saw about the upcoming dance. She couldn't help but stare, a blush running through her cheeks as he looked up and caught her. He sent her a cheeky wink as he handed a bunch of blushing their years the flyer.

"Your dance is sure taking off Lily," he said to her, walking over when he was done with the group. "This is a really special thing you've put together. The school needs it."

"Just promise you guys won't pull some prank to mess it up."

James seemed genuinely taken aback, looking at her dumbfounded. "You really think I'd do that?"

Lilt shrugged, suddenly at a loss for words.

"It's alright Evans," he said with a smile. "You have nothing to worry about."

She was expecting him to beg her to go to the dance with him, but instead he just sent her another smile before walking away. It was so mature, she found herself staring at the boy for the second time that day.
___________

Unfortunately for all the marauders, Lily was so worried people would be heartbroken if any of them took dates that they weren't allowed too. She strictly sat them down telling them that if they showed up with a date they weren't allowed to enter.

None of them really cared that much, for no one had been planning on taking a date anyways. They would just end up going as a group anyways, it was much more fun that way

On the day of the dance Aveline opted to get ready in Lily dorm room along with the other girls. It was an utter mess, many girls rushing around trying to do last minute makeup and hair touches up.

Aveline was indeed wearing a hot pink dress, her long blonde hair styled in hollywood style waves down her back. She adored the color pink, and no better time to wear it was then to some spring dance that was supposed to be fun.

Lily herself was already in the great hall, as the organizer and planner of the dance.

When she was finally ready she head down the stairs with the rest of the girls, doing her best not to fall on golden heels.

Someone whistled, and of course it was Sirius Black. Standing and staring at all the girls with wide eyes.

"Beautiful beautiful beautiful each and every single one of you," Sirius exclaimed.

Despite literally being gay he certainly loved woman.

When Aveline reached the bottom stair Sirius tackled her, pulling her into a hug and lifting her off the ground.