Aidkas

The hatred I have for this ship is remarkable. Once upon a time, Aidkas was a popular ship in MCSM. Around the summer of 2022, I used to get Aidkas on my fyp a lot. Or was it around 2021? I'm not sure. But anyways, Aidkas is literally just Aidesse but make it worse and insert Lukas instead of Jesse.

To say I hate this pairing would be a massive understatement. I genuinely think that Aidkas is way worse than Aidesse because while yes, Aiden was terrible to Jesse, he was also terrible to Lukas, his own 'best friend.' I always hc that the Ocelots' relationship before the WitherStorm was kind of toxic (Aiden is very controlling, Lukas can't stand up for himself, Aiden literally bullies Gill, and Maya is a follower).

I'm surprised how this ship even became popular in the first place. I feel like it only became popular because people wanted something new so the best solution is to ship a victim with their perpetrator. Totally.

Okay so, this ship goes both ways. Either, the cliché where Aiden suddenly regrets what he's done because of plot and apologizes to Lukas. Lukas forgives him and they become a couple or classic "they dated before the events of S1 and Aiden was jealous because Lukas liked Jesse?

Okay first of all, most of the time in the scenario where Aiden regrets his actions, he's seen as the victim and he's given some sad anime backstory as to why he acts the way he does and Lukas forgives him immediately and if not, he forgives him either way. This is easily the most easiest way to do Aidkas without it being toxic but it's so cliche and overdone that I don't care for it. But wait, never mind, I never cared.

And there's also the "they were exes" and "they were fruity"which is stupid to me. Aiden and Lukas barely interacted in the WitherStorm arc. Lukas told him to stop causing problems and to focus on their build the beginning of the episode which is.. literally the only interaction they had before Order Up. Where is the fruitiness? I'm not detecting any.

And even if they ever got together, it would be toxic. I don't ship Jesskas but at least with Jesskas, it's completely healthy. With Aidkas, there's a power imbalance with Aiden having power over Lukas and Aiden already treats Lukas horribly. He tossed him off a floating island with ZERO regrets and yet I'm supposed to like this ship because "they have chemistry."

Y'all, there's a difference between enemies to lovers and flat out victim x perpetrator. I could see this ship kind of working out for lovers to enemies but that's about it. As I said before, Aiden is too sociopathic, narcissistic and arrogant to actually be in a healthy romantic relationship. I'm so happy I'm not seeing Aidkas anymore because that was a dark time in MCSM history.

Overall rating:

Platonically: 2/10

Romantically: -1000/10