We can't be friends pt.11 (Pic of Bri's Mom)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah man? I'm busy."

"Well my mom was wondering if you wanted to know if you would come over to dinner tonight? She hasn't seen you in a while so?" I asked slowly. He didn't answer for a minute but then I heard some shuffling sounds on the other end and some hushed voices.

"Ite. But I'm bringing Jasmine." Then he banged on me. I slowly took the phone away from my eat staring at it in disbelief. Did he really just tell me he was bringing that bitch to my house? Oh hell no. Time to make some calls.

I picked up my phone again and dialed some numbers. "Yo, babe."

"Harlem? Do you have plans?" I asked sweetly. He sighed.

"I did, but I guess I don't anymore huh?" He asked sarcastically. I smirked.

"Nope," I popped the 'p'. "So do you wanna come over my house for dinner?" I asked. "I want you to meet my mom." OK that wasn't the whole truth but it wasn't a lie either. I did want him to meet my mom, eventually, but it seems he'll be meeting her sooner than I'd planned.

"Sure, what time?" He was such a good boyfriend. Almost makes me feel guilty for using him right now.

"Umm...Like around 6ish? I said.

"Ite, babe later." He hung up and I threw my phone on the bed deciding not to go and tell my mom we would be having two extra mouths to feed. She might go off on me. I laid down deciding to take a nap before 6 got here.

***

My phone went off at five and I got up to get dressed. I hopped in the shower and did my business before coming out to pick my outfit. I didn't wanna over do it because it was just dinner at my house.

I picked out this love sleeved cute purple thermal top with a hood on the back and some light washed ripped jeans. I put on my purple tie up vans and pulled my hair back in a pony tail. I put on some diamond studs and some light make up. By the time I was done I heard the doorbell ringing. I grabbed my phone off the bed before heading down to answer it before my mom got to it.

"I got it!" I sang as I skipped passed the kitchen doorway seeing my mom about to walked toward it. She sat back down looked at me warily probably wondering my I was so cheerful. I opened the door to reveal Harlem in a fresh white tee and some dark washed denim jeans and the fresh all white air forces. His hair was as usual pulled back in a low curly ponytail at the base of his neck. He had a silver chain hanging around his neck and some stud earrings in both ears like mine. He smiled flashing his dimples at me. I swear I wanted to fan myself boy!

"Hey," I muttered shyly. He may not have been Omari but he was definitely a class all his own.

"Can I come in?" He said amused and I realized that I had been staring at him. I blushed and stuttered like an idiot and he just laughed. He stepped up to me and gently pushed me aside and walked passed me. What the hell was wrong with me?

I shut the door and turned to find him already gone. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked into the kitchen. There he sat at the island with my mom chatting it up like knew each other for years! Harlem turned and smirked at me.

"Bri! Why didn't you tell you had a boyfriend?" My mom shouted all extra loud like I wasn't standing less than two feet away from her. I shrugged and narrowed my eyes at Harlem. "A fine one at that..." She mumbled and I blushed. She was so embarrassing!

"Mom!" I shouted. God! Harlem chuckled while my mom gave me an innocent look. "What? It's true though." She twisted her lips to the side and slyly checked him out again and then gave me the thumbs up.

"Don't go all cougar on me Miss.Reason," Harlem teased my mom. She rolled her eyes.

"Boy please I am twice your age, I'm just saying I can appreciate an attractive male when I see one. My daughter's done well for herself. She can't bring no goons around here, I want beautiful grand babies." I gasped and walked out of the room while Harlem roared with laughter, slapping the counter top with his hand.

"So I assume you'll be staying for dinner Harlem?" My mom questioned acting like she didn't just imply that she wanted Harlem and I to stay together long enough to have kids. Shit! Won't be no babies popping out here no time soon!

"Yes, ma'am, If that's okay."

"And has manners as well! Bri where did you get this boy, and can you bring me back one? Preferably in his mid thirties!" OMG! Where the hell is Omari so we can end this madness. I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen and looked away from the clock to see Harlem walking into the living room.

"Ya mom is too funny man. She had me pissing myself!" He chuckled some more and wandered over to the pictures on the wall checking them out. Just then the doorbell rang. Thank god! I all but ran to the door.

Omari and Jasmine stood there holding hands and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at her. "Come in." I mumbled and walked away back to Harlem.

"No hi?" Omari said from behind me. "Just rude as hell today." Him and Jasmine shared a laugh and I gritted my teeth. We gonna see who'll be laughing by the end of tonight.

"Who that?" Harlem said walking around the corner and into the hallway. He stopped next to me and put his arm around my waist, then started to see Omari and Jasmine standing there. They both looked to me in confusion.

"What's going on?" They asked at the same time. Jasmine smirked a little like she though something was funny. She better fix her lips if she know what's good for her before she find her ass outside back in that cold. I looked at her and this time I did roll my eyes. I looked away and back to the boys before she could do anything. I was immature like that!

"Apparently my mom decided to invite Omari to dinner because she hasn't seen him in a while and he decided to bring that...I mean, bring his girlfriend." I explained while Omari narrowed his eyes at me. I didn't know if it was because Omari was here, or because he knew I was about to call Jasmine a name.

"So why is Harlem here though?" Omari asked lightly though I could tell he was a little pissed. I know he did not think he was gonna flaunt his bitch in my face and I think I was just gonna sit there and look dumb. Hells no!

"Do I need a reason to invite myboyfriend to dinner?" I stared hard at him daring him to say something else. He opened his mouth but before he could say anything my mom burst through the door interrupting.

"Dinner's done." We all trudged into the kitchen one by one and took our places. Harlem sat next to me on one side and Jasmine sat next to Omari on the other. Omari was across from me, and my mom sat at the head of the table. We stared each other down again just as we did outside before my mom once again broke the silence.

"Alright dig in because I ain't making nobody's plate."

This dinner was gonna be interesting boy!