No to Nostalgia

Miranda smiled as she walked into Grey Sloan Memorial. She felt so giddy knowing that she was getting a chance to spend a few hours working in the place that raised her into the physician she was today. And that she was doing surgery with her mentor.

Miranda made her way to the surgical floor and stopped as the memories began to come over her like a flood. She remembered what she felt like coming out of her first solo surgery. She remembered the first time a mistake cost her patient's life and how Dr. Webber spent days trying to comfort her. She thought of when she became chief resident and then an attending.

"Dr. Bailey, I'm glad to see you made it," Dr. Webber said patting her on the shoulder like he always use to do.

"I'm excited to be here. Is the patient already prepped for surgery?"

"I was going to have a resident do it," Webber said.

"No, I can do it," Miranda said cheerfully as she took the chart and headed to the patient's room.

Miranda walked in Mrs. Helser's room and introduced herself. "Hello Mrs. Helser, I am Dr. Miranda Bailey. I will be assisting Dr. Webber with your surgery. And getting you prepped for the surgery."

"Nice to meet you Dr. Bailey. Did you just start working here?"

"No, I actually worked here for almost 20 years and then I moved back home to be close to my parents. I'm just here with my husband visiting my son and my mentor Dr. Webber said I could do a surgery with him before I leave," Miranda explained.

"Well from what I know about Dr. Webber if he wants you in the room you must be good."

"And you would be correct, I'm very good."

Transport came into the room to take her to the operating room. "Okay Mrs. Helser I will see you in the OR," Miranda said walking out of the room.

Dr. Webber and Miranda scrubbed in and started the surgery. Everything was going smoothly so Richard and Miranda did some catching up.

"So my Bailey went and got married. I guess I can't be so mad because you found a good guy."

"Well more like reunited. We were in love with each other as teenagers and then my dad moved us away to North Carolina. I ended up having his baby but she passed from SIDS."

Richard looked up at her shocked and she glanced at him as she continued sharing. "He is the love of my life and I've enjoyed parts of this trip. But being back here knowing that we were in the same city for years and never ran into each other has not left us in the best mood. Along with some unexpected visits from individuals from the past. It hasn't given us the beautiful nostalgia we thought it would. This has been one of the most nostalgic moments all week but I'm ready to get back to North Carolina so Ben and I can live the new life we've created there."

"Wow Bailey....I'm sorry you two didn't get to live your life together before now but make the most of what you've been blessed to have. And thank you for trusting me enough to share."

"No thank you, I think I just needed to get that out. But in sweeter news Tuck is making me a grandma," Miranda said smiling.

"Wow, it's hard to believe that Tuck is a grown man. And my Bailey is going to be a grandma. That means you and Ben will be coming to visit more often."

"Yeah but we will be better equipped to deal with the past that comes up next time."

Richard and Miranda finished the surgery successfully and they scrubbed out. She said goodbye to Richard before going to change her clothes and head back to the hotel to wait for Ben. He was suppose to go golfing at the place he use to. When Miranda walked into the front lobby Ben was sitting there reading a magazine.

"Benjamin Warren, you were supposed to be golfing."

"I know baby I did a few rounds and started feeling anxious so I took an Uber here to wait for you. I'm just ready for us to get back home. Maybe the next time we come it will be better."

"I'm ready to go home too Ben. Our flight is later this evening so we go get food and go say goodbye to Tuck before we head to the airport."

"Hmmm let's go," Ben said grabbing her hand.

The flight home felt like forever but Miranda smiled once Ben unlocked the front door and they stepped inside of their home. They both let out a deep sigh as they made it to their bedroom.

Once Ben let go of their suit cases and turned around  Miranda began to unzip his coat as he pulled his hat off. He unzipped her coat as well and unwrapped the scarf from around her neck.

"Let's shower and relax," Miranda said as she got up on her tiptoes and Ben met her half way for a kiss.

They finished taking their clothes off and when they got in the shower Ben placed his hands on her head and kissed her slowly. Miranda moaned as she pulled him close and then she wrapped her arms around him and laid against his chest. Ben stroked her hair and rubbed her back before they finally started washing each other's body.

When they got out of the shower Miranda grabbed their favorite lotion and she began massaging it into Ben's chest. He put some in his hands and began rubbing it into her thighs and booty. Miranda placed sweet pecks on his lips as they causally massaged lotion into each other's skin. 

Ben kissed her breast as he rubbed her hips and pulled her close. Ben moved back on the bed, bringing Miranda with him and she was now straddling him.  "Hmmm I always want to make love but can we just cuddle?" Miranda asked as she laid on his chest.

"Hmmm okay but clothes or I'm not going to be able to focus on cuddling," Ben said which made Miranda chuckle.

Miranda got up and put on panties and a night gown before handing Ben some boxers. She laid back down, draping her leg over his and he naturally wrapped his arm around her back letting his hand rest on her booty.

"Ben maybe we should see a therapist," Miranda stated.

"Hmmmm why?" Ben asked.

"This trip let us know that we have some unresolved issues pertaining to the past and lack there of."

"Like..." Ben said trying to sound clueless.

"We're both to some degree hurt that neither one of us tried to find each other once we were of age to do so. We just moved on without trying to fight to get back to one another. Maybe we need a professional to help us unpack that."

"Maybe....but I've never been fond of paying someone to tell them my business. I rather just lay here and talk it out with you."

"Well we can start there but I will be bringing the subject up later," Miranda said as she looked into his eyes and kissed his lips.

"Are you sure we can't have sex?" Ben asked as he nuzzled his face in her neck.

"Ummmm Benjamin, I'm tired. You know I don't like having sex when I'm fatigued," Miranda said.

"What if I just do all the loving and you lay here looking beautiful. And after you will be completely ready to fall asleep," Ben explained as he kissed up and down her face and chest.

He looked in her face when he didn't get an answer and realized she'd already drifted to sleep. "Maybe tomorrow then," Ben said as he kissed her lips gently before laying down to find sleep as well.