Grateful Love

*I don't own the rights to the Grey's Anatomy/Station19 characters.*

Miranda woke up to a dimly lit bedroom and the crashing sound of thunder and rain. She turned over and looked at her sleeping husband. She didn't even hear him get into the bed last night, she was so tired from working a 48 hour shift. He himself had just come off of a 24 hour shift and even in his sleep he looked tired. He had been working really hard to get the PRT established at the station and that meant additional trainings that he had to go through in a new state.

Miranda got up and went into the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She closed her eyes as she listened to the rain fall. Whenever it rained it made her miss living in Seattle. Most people complained about how much it rained in Seattle but she loved the rain.

After she finished in the bathroom she grabbed her purple robe off the chair walked to the kitchen. She prepared a pot of coffee then looked in the refrigerator for something to make for breakfast. She decided to keep it simple with grits, bacon and eggs. She finished making breakfast and went back into the bedroom. She threw her leg and hip on the bed as she stared at her husband.

She smiled feeling the butterflies and tingling in her stomach. She loved this man so much and she was grateful that after such a long time they were able to find each other again. Now they were six months into their marriage and it had been complete bliss. Yes they had disagreements but it was still easy because they decided to not argue unnecessary. When the disagreement was tough they communicated respectfully or gave each other space when it was necessary.

And the way that they made love was absolutely magical. Even when it was rough, hard and fast it felt like the best thing ever because they knew each other's body and the love they felt for each other was out of this world. A touch as simple as him holding her hand or moving hair out of her face sent chills through her body.

She hated to wake him up because he was tired but she wanted him up so she could see his eyes, hear his voice and feed him the food she made. She moved closer and touched his cheek lightly before rubbing her hand over his head. She swiped her hand over his eyebrows and his goatee before leaning down to kiss his cheek.

"Dr. Warren you must be getting too old for these 24 hour shifts if me touching your face isn't waking you up."

She laid down beside him so that they were face to face. She kissed his lips a few times before just staring at him.

"Hmmm maybe your right about these 24 hour shifts. It feels like I can't even open my eyes or lift my head," Ben said with a raspy voice and Miranda giggled.

"Well you're off work today so you can nap. But I made breakfast so get up and come eat with me," Miranda demanded sweetly.

"Can I have you for breakfast instead?" Ben asked finally opening his eyes.

"After you eat the food I made," Miranda replied.

Miranda got out of the bed and walked out of the door gesturing for Ben to follow her. He groaned loving how sexy his wife was and stretched before getting out of the bed. He went to the bathroom and washed his face before hurrying to the kitchen to meet Miranda.

When he walked into the kitchen Miranda was sitting at the kitchen island with their plates made, waiting on him. He walked over and rub his hand across her booty before kissing her cheek.Miranda let out a soft moan when Ben touched and kissed her. He sat down beside her and Miranda took the fork and feed him some eggs and a piece of bacon.

"You are so good to me," Ben said as he ate his grits.

"That's because you're good to me," Miranda smiled.