Chapter 18 - The Train Home

Start from the beginning

"It was, relax."

"Whatever, let's get some sleep. We have a train to catch tomorrow and I want to leave around lunch."

"Night, Malfoy."

...

"Lucy?" I knocked on the door to the girl's dormitory. "Lucy I know you're in there, don't make me come in." I could hear girls laughing over something, clearly not hearing me. I groaned angrily, please don't be difficult today, Lucy! I barged into the room and the girls were huddled over a rather intense game of wizard's chess, to which two girls sat on opposite sides of the board and a crowd behind each of them.

"Uhhh," laughed a 2nd year girl. "Malfoy, this is the girl's dormitory..." I ignored her and looked around the room.

"You heard her Draco, out!" shouted one of the other girls.

"Merlin, just get out!"

I stopped all of their combined nonsense with my hand. "Hush, you love it. Now where's my sister?" They exchanged mixed glances which ended up facing Pansy Parkinson. "Well?" I asked, impatiently awaiting my answer. The girl pointed to a bedpost. The drapes that covered each bed were closed. I turned towards the bed and walked towards, stopping right in front of it, I spoke in a hushed voice. "Lucy? Come on we gotta go, Pansy already put your trunk on the train before lunch, and Blaise just took the owls."

"I-I don't wanna go yet." she whispered back. Parkinson, you said you wouldn't say anything." she shouted

"Well, nearly everyone knows you're leaving. What else do you want to do?" I nearly gagged thinking of Potter and his 'followers'

"Uhh, there's a test in potions, I need to study."

"We have the same potions class, nice try."

"Whatever..." she opened the curtain, her bloodshot eyes caught me off guard. The last time she'd cried was when Father yelled at her for not cooperating with him during family photos.

Flashback

"Merlin, Lucia. It's just a photo." shouted Father

"But it's not true. You're telling me to smile when I can't! How am I supposed to be happy right now? This is all fake!"

"God, maybe a squib would have been more obedient."

I saw Lucy's jaw drop, she ran out of the room, and we had to take the photo without her. When I went back up to her room, I saw her crying on her bed. I wrapped an arm around her as she sobbed. From that moment on she told me tears didn't fix anything, so she promised me she'd never cry again. "I want to be strong like you, Draco." I heard her say.

End Flashback

"Let's go." I said coldly and pushed away my thoughts. She resentfully took my hand and I said goodbye to everyone as we left. Lucy just stayed quiet.

A while later, we arrived at the train. A few other students were there but not enough for the place to be considered 'busy'.. We stepped on and I brought Lucy to the train cabin Blaise had chosen, we sat down and Blaise gave me a faint good job smile.

About 15 minutes after the train had started, I drew myself from the moving landscape outside the windows. I looked down at my black suit then to Blaise's almost identical one. We were used to wearing this to my house, my parents had always been the formal type

 We were used to wearing this to my house, my parents had always been the formal type

My gaze moved to my sister who sat peacefully reading a book. Lucy wore a light green top that stopped an inch before her black ripped shorts. It was a fairly sunny winter day, however, I chuckled to myself. It amazed me how she wasn't freezing her pale, little legs off. My chuckle caught the attention of Blaise who gave me a confused look that I ignored. I saw Lucy had the converse I had gotten her for her birthday a few years back, they had just now begun to fit her. 

But the thing that caught my attention the most was the silver locket she wore around her neck

But the thing that caught my attention the most was the silver locket she wore around her neck. "What's that?" I asked, reaching forward to get a better look at it.

She had hit my hand away and moved to the other side of the bench fixing her gaze on Blaise. "Zabini, remind my brother I am no longer speaking with him."

I rolled my eyes. Turning back to the window, I sighed, why are girls so difficult! I tried to focus on the wind as a light snow began to fall.

Lucy sighed quite audibly which caught my attention. "Tell me more about this party." she demanded.

I chuckled quietly. "Well, Father is inviting friends from work. It's a black-out party as usual, so Mother has a tailor waiting at home to make our party-wear.

"Eugh, I'm not going to wear anything Mother picks out, they're always too long, or too bulky!"

"That's why we have a tailor, besides, it's got to be better than what you're wearing right now!"

"Whatever, Blaise likes it. Right, Blaise?"

"Oh uh, I don't know." I eyed him as he spoke. For such small child she has quite the temper, I thought.