Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

    I've always loved Stefan's room. It was dark and cosy and far away from all the other rooms in the house. It wasn't my first choice of rooms to get changed in, but I didn't feel comfortable using Damon's right now. Especially with the way things are at the moment. And I'm sure Stefan wouldn't mind.   

    Without a second thought I peeled off my clothes and slipped into the dress. I shoved my previous clothes back into the bag with a sigh and dumped it on the chair in the corner of Stefan's room. Hope he doesn't mind. 

    I glanced down at the horrid dress but instantly thought about the fries that I'm getting out of wearing it. It didn't help lift my mood much but it gave me the momentum to actually leave the room.

    As I re-entered the living room, Elena was heading towards the front door with a very reluctant Rose following behind her.

    "Where are you going?" I asked.

    Elena paused. "Rose is taking me to Richmond to see Slater."

    "Slater?" 

    "Her vampire friend how knows everything."

    "And why are you going to see this dude exactly?"

    That stumped Elena. She fell silent for a moment thinking and I frowned. "Why are you going to see him, Elena?"

    "I want to know more about Elijah." She admitted.  "And apparently Slater knows a lot."

    There was something off with her explanation, she couldn't look me in the eye as she spoke. Instead she played with the tassels in her bag. 

    "Well i'm coming with you. He kidnapped me too you know." I sent a sly glance in Hollee's direction. "Although I didn't know it was a kidnapping at the time."

    "I don't think tha-"

    "Oh, come on, Elena. It'll be fun."

    "Fine." She huffed. "But we're leaving now."

    I grinned. 

    "Wait! I'm coming with you." Hollee voiced.

    I smiled at her. Thank god she said that. I don't think I'd cope well having to spend the day with Elena and Rose. It would suck. "Yes." I linked my arm with hers, temporarily forgetting what a god-awful dress she had me in and tugged her out after Elena and Rose.

    The drive to Slater's apartment was... awkward to say the least. Elena didn't say anything to anyone, and when she did it was only to ask Rose specific questions on where she was going. Rose tried to keep to her self in the front and refused to look at both Hollee and I. Hollee was actually pretty vocal the entire journey, complaining on the fact that she didn't take her car. It got annoying after awhile. I think that's why she kept it going for so long. 

    "Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" Rose hammered her fist against the wooden door.

    She waited a few moments and when no one responded she turned to Elena. "He's not home, sorry." She didn't sound it. 

    Elena shook her head defiantly. "Uh uh. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing."

    "Elena," I said. "No one's in. What do you expect her to do, break down his door?" 

    A smack and a crash behind me told me that is exactly what Rose had done. "That wasn't necessary. We could have just come back later." I said.