𝟔 // 𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐨𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞

───※ ·❆· ※───

"where in the world is everyone?" i asked out loud, tapping my foot on the ground repeatedly in frustration

"will you please be patient, midget?" tsukishima said, equally frustrated. "i've already sent a message to the group chat to ask where they are"

i scoffed at him. "midget? you don't get to say that to me, lamppost"

now it was his turn to scoff back at me. "excuse you, at least being tall has it's benefits"

"whatever" i said, taking out my phone as i heard a notification. i opened the messages that were sent by the others in the group chat.

(yachi)
my mom suddenly needed my help with an emergency, go on without me! :(

(hinata)
kageyama and i had other plans! we're going to train together at the park, sorry!

(kageyama)
what hinata said.

(yamaguchi)
i got sick last minute, have fun!

i closed the group chat in frustration as i see tsukishima do the same. i assumed that he also read the messages. we turn to look at each other with a knowing look.

"looks like they flaked on us, again" i said, putting my phone back to my pocket.

"well we're already here, let's just go in and eat" tsukishima said.

i sighed and walked in the restaurant with tsukishima, the host greeted us kindly as we entered.

"table for two?" she asked.

tsukishima and i nodded. with our simple response, she led us to a table near a window and handed us two menus.

"if you need me i'll be over there, have fun on your date!" the host said, before we could deny it she already walked away to greet new customers that were coming in.

i laughed it off and started reading the menu. after we decided on what to order, we called the waitress that was standing near us to order. she seemed like she was the same age as us, maybe a year older. she walked over to us and as she made eye contact with tsukishima, she suddenly became all flustered and nervous.

"i'd like to have omurice and lemon tea" i said.

"i'll have the same" tsukishima said, handing over the menu to the waitress as i followed and do the same.

the waitress repeated our order and took the menus back. she walked away shortly after, tsukishima and i continued our conversation with a bit of back and forth insults mixed in.

"the band club is going to perform soon" i said excitedly. "i really hope my guitar string don't break in the middle of performing"

"that seems too unlikely to happen, unless your guitar pick was as sharp as a knife" tsukishima joked.

"nonetheless, i really hope we do well. i'm honestly so nervous" i said, lowering my head. "and i don't think my singing is that special either"

tsukishima pushed my forehead back so my face would face him.

"you're going to be fine, your voice is good enough" tsukishima said.

i laughed at his effort to compliment me. "thank you, your volleyball skills aren't half bad either. although i would argue that hinata is a better middle blocker"

tsukishima visibly flinched as i say that and i find myself laughing hysterically at his annoyed expression.

we were interrupted by the waitress who came by with our order. the omurice was still not decorated since the restaurant have the waitresses—or waiters—decorate them in front of customers. she drew a shooting star on my omurice and drew some hearts on tsukishima's.

as tsukishima and the waitress made eye contact, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ears and gave him a smile. after she walked away, i covered my mouth and held back my laughter.

"looks like she likes you" i teased.

"just shut up and eat your food" tsukishima said in annoyance.

"alright romeo" i said, before taking a bite.

───※ ·❆· ※───