𝟐 // 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

───※ ·❆· ※───

it was the first week of highschool and our math teacher decided to pair us with the person sitting next to us in a group project to make a poster filled with equations, answers, and formulas for the topic we're studying

apparently somehow i was put in the college preparatory class, so our homeroom teacher told us that this kind of school work was to be expected.

i turn to my right to see a tall blonde guy wearing glasses writing down on his notebook, i haven't really gotten the chance to talk to all my classmates and unfortunately he was one of the ones i haven't talked to yet.

i tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention, as he turn towards me i put out my hand towards him.

"hey there, we haven't properly met. my name is (___), what's your name?" i introduced myself.

the blonde guy just looked at my hand and busied himself back with writing. i took my hand back awkwardly and cussed him in my heart. i was frustrated to see that the person i got paired up with was rude.

"tsukishima kei" the blonde guy suddenly spoke.

i turned towards him. "okay then.. tsukishima, we should probably start discussing on splitting up the work and-"

tsukishima suddenly handed me his notebook, stopping me mid sentence. i took it with a confused expression.

"i was just finishing up my notes, i already wrote down everything we need" tsukishima explained. "your job is to do the poster"

the bell suddenly rang and tsukishima immediately walked out of the classroom with his freckled friend. i pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration, i felt a wave of relief as i see my friend yachi coming over to my table with two packs of melon bread.

yachi handed me one of the bread and i thanked her immediately with the widest smile on my face.

"i'm not excited to do this project" yachi sighed, sitting down on her chair which was in front of mine. "i wish we were paired together (___), it would've been fun to do this project with you!"

i nodded, agreeing with her. "i got paired with tsukishima kei" yachi stopped chewing as she heard me mention his name.

"he's kind of scary.. since he's so tall" yachi whispered.

"not to mention he's also a huge jerk" i added, whispering also. i told yachi about our first interaction and she was very surprised.

"maybe next time you won't have to talk to him again" yachi said, smiling sheepishly.

"i hope so too.." i replied, giving her a dejected sigh.

┊͙✧˖*°࿐

the next day i put down the poster on tsukishima's table at recess, luckily he was sitting on his desk so i could immediately give it to him before the next period.

"here's my part of the group project" i said.

tsukishima sneered. "it looks tacky"

i gasped, annoyed. "are you serious? i stayed up all night making this"

"the colors don't go well with each other" tsukishima commented.

"then you make the poster if you're such an artist" i said, gritting my teeth.

tsukishima shook his head slowly. "but i've already done my part of the project, if i made the poster too then i'll just be doing all the work"

i was speechless, how could someone be so irritating? it's only been 2 days since i met him and i've already planned 6 ways to murder him. i muttered a 'whatever' under my breath and i sat down at my seat. yachi—who just saw the whole thing—turned around to face me and gave me a look of condolence.

god i hope i don't have to ever interact with tsukishima kei again.

───※ ·❆· ※───