𝟒 // 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

───※ ·❆· ※───

it was currently midway through a match between karasuno and shiratorizawa

it was currently midway through a match between karasuno and shiratorizawa. tsukishima was at the infirmary as he injured his fingers. yachi quickly messaged me to come over to help because she was in panic. i immediately run from my seat in the audience to the infirmary.

"how bad is it?" i asked both yachi and tsukishima as i entered the infirmary.

"quite bad" tsukishima managed to say in the midst of groaning in pain. he showed me his injured finger, waving it in the air.

i grabbed a bandage from the drawer and sat down on the bed next to him. i put my hand out and tsukishima puts his injured hand on top of it. i carefully bandaged his healthy finger with his injured one together.

"do you still want to play?" i asked him, putting my other hand on top of his.

tsukishima looked down on our hands and didn't say anything, i sighed and stood up.

"i think it's time for you to decide if it's really just a club or not" i said to tsukishima in genuine concern before walking out. "but please, don't push yourself"

i sat back at the audience eagerly waiting the continuation of the match, i bite my nail nervously as the match grew more and more intense. suddenly, i see tsukishima walk back in to play in the match. i find myself smiling as the other members greeted him happily. tsukishima managed to block a spike from ushijima and as he scream in victory, everyone joined in as well.

the match ended with karasuno winning, i could see yachi crying tears of happiness and so did the others.

┊͙✧˖*°࿐

"it was so intense!" yachi exclaimed.

"i'll say!" hinata said, taking a bite of his rice.

the first years of the volleyball team alongside with yachi and i were eating lunch together. we were currently talking about the match that occurred a couple of days ago. hinata, yachi, and yamaguchi were excitedly recalling moments from the match while kageyama, tsukishima, and i were eating quietly as we listen to their conversation.

"is your hand feeling better?" i asked tsukishima.

tsukishima nodded. "it hurts less"

we finished lunch soon and went about with our day. the sun was setting as students started to pack up their bags and go back home. the others and i decided to stop at a convenience store near our school before walking back home. i was eating a bag of chips outside by the door. suddenly a hand went in and grabbed a handful of chips and ate them right next to me.

"you have your own bag of chips" i said, pointing to the bag of chips inside the plastic bag tsukishima was holding.

"it's more convenient to take yours" tsukishima said while chewing.

"well at least eat it properly, don't talk while you eat" i commented.

tsukishima shrugged and continued eating. it was silent for a while until he suddenly spoke up.

"thank you" tsukishima whispered.

"what for?" i asked.

"for this" tsukishima said as he waved his bandaged hand in the air.

"what's this? the tsukishima kei? thanking me for something?" i teased, i could see that tsukishima was already regretting his words by looking at his expression.

"don't get the wrong idea, i'm just thanking you because i feel obligated to" tsukishima backtracked, turning away so he would face away from me.

i laughed. "there's no idea to think wrongly of, if that's what you're insinuating"

tsukishima rolled his eyes. "whatever dumbass"

"you're welcome, by the way" i said, smiling.

tsukishima didn't say a word nor did he turn towards me and just nodded as a response.

"what are you guys talking about?" hinata asked, coming out of the convenience store holding plastic bags filled with snacks with kageyama trailing behind him.

i laughed. "nothing much"

───※ ·❆· ※───