𝟖 // 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞

───※ ·❆· ※───

i find myself awake at 3am on a school night, with tears flowing from my eyes and falling to my blanket

i find myself awake at 3am on a school night, with tears flowing from my eyes and falling to my blanket. i wiped my tears and called the first person on my contact list. i hear the phone ringing. soon after the person i called picked up the phone, i could hear a person talking with a hoarse voice.

"do you have any idea what time it is?" tsukishima said, sounding irritated as ever.

"sorry.. i called the first person on my contact list, and so it happens to be you" i apologised, holding back my tears.

"what's wrong? i can hear you crying through the phone" tsukishima said.

i laughed weakly, i guess i wasn't that good at hiding it.

"just hurry up and talk so i can go back to sleep" tsukishima said, i could hear him shuffling around through the phone.

"i had a nightmare" i said, but quickly continued before he could retaliate in anger. "i know you're holding back the urge to kill me, but i swear this is the first time i woke up crying my whole life"

"what was the dream about?" tsukishima asked.

after he asked, i explained my dream to him, the best i could.

tsukishima was silent for a while. "what were you thinking about throughout the whole day that could manifest into something like this?" he asked, sarcastically perhaps? i wasn't sure.

i laughed. "i don't know, but it all felt so real to me and-"

"it terrified you?" tsukishima interrupted.

"yeah, exactly" i said, he took the words out of my mouth. "you know, talking about it does make me feel better"

"well it better did, you woke me up at 3 in the morning for it" tsukishima said. "and if it didn't, i probably would kill you"

"harsh.. but fair" i commented, laughing. "thank you though, for bearing with me. sorry about being a nuisance"

tsukishima simply hummed in response, i hung up the phone and put it down on my bedside table. i pulled up my blanket and went back to sleep, relieved that i got it out of my system. after a few minutes have passed, i found myself already half asleep. i may have imagined this, but i suddenly heard someone talking.

"you're not a nuisance" the voice said, at least that's what i think i heard it saying.

i didn't pay it any mind and decided to fully succumb to my slumber.

┊͙✧˖*°࿐

the next day everything went about like it always does. i did my daily routine of classes and social interactions as usual. but i noticed that i wasn't angry as many times as usual. suddenly, i realised that i havent' been talking to tsukishima at all today. then i remember that i called him so late at night and i felt guilty.

i went to the vending machine to buy a cold drink and ran to find him. luckily enough i spot him in the hallway talking to yamaguchi. i tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

"i'm sorry—again—about last night" i said, handing him the drink. tsukishima looked at me and didn't say a word.

"i'm.. going to class now, see you two there!" yamaguchi said before walking away, noticing the slightly awkward tension.

tsukishima takes the drink from me and took a sip. "it's fine"

"you're not mad at me, are you?" i asked him, unsure of his response.

tsukishima sighed. "i'm serious, it's alright"

"so.. we're cool?" i asked him, smiling sheepishly.

tsukishima nodded, i gave a sigh of relief. i thanked him and started walking back to class.

i stopped suddenly and turned towards him, remembering something from last night.

"did i.. forget to hang up the phone last night?" i asked.

tsukishima shook his head in response. satisfied with his answer, i continued walking to class.

───※ ·❆· ※───